[comp.sys.amiga] General A3000/UNIX questions

gt8931a@prism.gatech.EDU (MARKHAM,ANDREW WILLIAM) (11/21/90)

I'm thinking of buying an A3000 in the near future, before I do can anyone
answer these questions ??

1) Does anyone know who sells the cheapest 25Mhz system.

2) What version of Unix is going to be released and when ?

3) How compatable has the A3000 been with existing A2000 software/hardware.

4) Finally, are there plans to release a 68040 system ie. not one that has
   a 68040 card but has it as the main cpu.

Thanks.
--
Andrew W. Markham		ICS Georgia Tech 	GO BULLS!!!
gt8931a@prism.gatech.edu				GO HEELS!!!

In article <17393@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt8931a@prism.gatech.EDU (MARKHAM,ANDREW WILLIAM) writes:
>I'm thinking of buying an A3000 in the near future, before I do can anyone
>answer these questions ??
>
>2) What version of Unix is going to be released and when ?

System V Release 4.0.
The "when" part of the question is the one you will NEVER get answered
on this net! You will never get such an info before it is reality.

>3) How compatable has the A3000 been with existing A2000 software/hardware.

Very compatible.

>4) Finally, are there plans to release a 68040 system ie. not one that has
>   a 68040 card but has it as the main cpu.

Don't waste bandwith to post such questions. For obvious reasons, this
sort of questions will NEVER be answered.