[comp.sys.amiga] Imagine problems

a763@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (12/09/90)

The "transformations" or the "info" button in the Action screen allows you to
set the x size of a lamp which is the radius of the cast light circle for conic
and cylindrical lamps, and the y size, which is apparently the length of this
cast beam of light. I haven't invesigated the y size much, but the x size
performs as advertised.
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|
* USENET:                      l   | |   |\    / \   /\                _\
* a763@mindlink.UUCP         May the frames be with you...             \

her@compel.UUCP (Helge Egelund Rasmussen) (12/09/90)

Well, I finally received Imagine 1.0 a few days ago, and decided to try
all the examples in the tutorial manual before beginning on anything
serious.

I've however had some problems with the last example in the manual
(the little man climbing a mountain).

In all modes except trace mode all work perfectly, but in trace mode
the man get some extra limbs which aren't connected to the body (some the new
objects are formed into a X)!!!

The scene looks OK in the stage editor.

Has anybody else experienced this problem, or am I just missing something
trivial???

I'm using the non-fp version on an A2000 with 3mb..

Oh yes, one other question:
 In the description of non-point light sources, the manual talks about
 the SIZE and the LENGTH of the light source. What does these parameters
 mean???

Any help would be appreciated.

Helge
---
Helge E. Rasmussen  .  PHONE + 45 31 37 11 00  .  E-mail:  her@compel.dk
Compel A/S          .  FAX   + 45 31 37 06 44  .
Copenhagen, Denmark

her@compel.UUCP (Helge Egelund Rasmussen) (12/10/90)

her@compel.UUCP (Helge Egelund Rasmussen) writes:

>I've however had some problems with the last example in the manual
>(the little man climbing a mountain).

>In all modes except trace mode all work perfectly, but in trace mode
>the man get some extra limbs which aren't connected to the body (some the new
>objects are formed into a X)!!!

>The scene looks OK in the stage editor.

I experimented a little more with the scene yesterday.

It seems that the culprit is the size channel for 'wanderer.obj':

If I remove the channel (and pull the camera back), the man looks fine.

If I add the size channel with sizes of (20,20,20), the man looks ok, but
with sizes of (10,10,10) or (8,8,8) the man goes to pieces (litterally!!).

>Has anybody else experienced this problem, or am I just missing something
>trivial???

I'm still hoping for help...

Helge
---
Helge E. Rasmussen  .  PHONE + 45 31 37 11 00  .  E-mail:  her@compel.dk
Compel A/S          .  FAX   + 45 31 37 06 44  .
Copenhagen, Denmark

kinks@brahms.udel.edu (Karl E Aldinger) (12/11/90)

Has anyone else received "Not Enough RAM" error when trying to use
altitude mapped brushes?  I have 2 Megs of fast RAM and 1 Meg of chip.
I set the stack to 10000 but am not really sure exactly what this does.
Does it change the SP to location 10000 thereby positioning you in the
lowest part of memory in order to let you work up through chip then fast,
or does it put you in a high section and only allocate a limited portion
of memory to Imagine?

							Karl Aldinger