[comp.sys.amiga] a64 and zoo help needed

griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) (12/10/90)

Hi,

  Ive got two problems that I could use some help with.....

  1) the first problem is with A64 I've uncompacted A64101n.lzh and A64Font onto the same disk, but when I go to run A64 it says that it can't find the fonts?
  I've tried moving the font file to different directories and I've tried useing  the install font Icon but no luck, is there a patch for this or what?

  2) number two, when I try and use zoo to uncompact a program it says
  "no matching filename found" or something very close to that, any Ideas?
  this is what I'm typing in after I load zoo into ram: "zoo -x df0:file df1:"

    thanks for your help

		Terry

In <1990Dec10.130005.28410@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) writes:

>  1) the first problem is with A64 I've uncompacted A64101n.lzh and A64Font
>onto the same disk, but when I go to run A64 it says that it can't find the
>fonts?

Have you moved them to Fonts: ?
Note the colon as part of the name.

>  2) number two, when I try and use zoo to uncompact a program it says
>  "no matching filename found" or something very close to that, any Ideas?
>  this is what I'm typing in after I load zoo into ram:  "zoo -x df0:file df1:"

The file you tell Zoo to work on must end with '.zoo', or if it doesn't, it
must end with some extenion, and the entire name must be supplied.

Examples: Given the following files, all of which are Zoo archives...

	foo.zoo
	bleep.vroop
	glarb

you can use the following to extract...

	zoo e foo              (unZoos foo.zoo)
	zoo e foo.zoo          (unZoos foo.zoo)
	zoo e bleep.vroop      (unZoos bleep.vroop)

The following will give you a 'could not open' message.

	zoo e bleep
	zoo e glarb

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.