[comp.sys.amiga] Deskjet What model I am still confused HELP!!!!

Keith.Stewart@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/10/90)

Anyboady got any experience on using the Deskjet/* with the Amiga. I
plan to get one but am stuck as to get a plain DJ (second hand) DJ
(brand new for NZ$1000 don't laugh Americans) or a DJPlus.
I intend to use either PPage or Pagestream for flyers etc I have 3 meg
of RAM in my 2000. I have already purchased DJHelper in anticipation. So
any help on which model to choose and why would be much appreciated.
--

Keith Stewart

B2000 Rev 4.5 2 Floppy Disk Drives  2058 RAM Card w/ 2meg

sfn20715@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Steve "il-Manhous" Norton) (12/11/90)

Keith.Stewart@bbs.actrix.gen.nz writes:

>I intend to use either PPage or Pagestream for flyers etc I have 3 meg
>of RAM in my 2000. I have already purchased DJHelper in anticipation. So
>any help on which model to choose and why would be much appreciated.
--------
I have been looking over printers, and compared the latest model
DeskJet ('Desk Jet 500') with varous laserprinters (IBM E, Apple LP2, etc.)
and found that the DJ500 is as good as any laser printers.
Bought one for $500 US mail order (compared with list price of $995 for
IBME or $1500+ for Apple?).  [BTW, dont flame me, I am an IBMer but
am thinking about various computer systems.  I didn't look at the C= laser
printer (is there one?)]  It appears that the DJ500 works if I tell WP4.2
that I am using a DJPlus, so I would predict little compatability
problems with your Amiga.

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec10.085611.21571@actrix.gen.nz> Keith.Stewart@bbs.actrix.gen.nz writes:
>Anyboady got any experience on using the Deskjet/* with the Amiga. I
>plan to get one but am stuck as to get a plain DJ (second hand) DJ
>(brand new for NZ$1000 don't laugh Americans) or a DJPlus.
>I intend to use either PPage or Pagestream for flyers etc I have 3 meg
>of RAM in my 2000. I have already purchased DJHelper in anticipation. So
>any help on which model to choose and why would be much appreciated.
>--
>
>Keith Stewart
>
>B2000 Rev 4.5 2 Floppy Disk Drives  2058 RAM Card w/ 2meg

Well, all I can say, is to get at least the DJ+, the original DJ is
crud compared to the DJ+ and the DJ500, not really a lot of diffreance
between the + and the 500 though (there are some notable differences but,
they slip my mind right now), at anyrate, get the + and the 500 if you can,
don't get stuck with the Plain DJ!, the extra money is worth it!

Raoul Rodriguez
Happy owner of the DesJet Plus