[comp.sys.amiga] Need a GIF viewer for the Amiga...

hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Tony Hutson) (12/10/90)

Can anyone tell me where I can get a GIF viewer for the Amiga that will
allow me to view GIF files.  Does one exist?
If you can, could you give the ftp site if there is a PD version out.
Thank You for any and all future help...

Tony Hutson
hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (12/11/90)

In article <2512@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Tony Hutson) writes:
-Can anyone tell me where I can get a GIF viewer for the Amiga that will
-allow me to view GIF files.  Does one exist?
-If you can, could you give the ftp site if there is a PD version out.
-Thank You for any and all future help...
-
-Tony Hutson
-hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

I recall reading that the best would be to use a GIFtoIFF converter and
an IFF viewer, giving better picture quality. The good converter (I think)
was HamSharp. I would be pleased if anyone could email it to me (can't ftp).

Tommy Petersson

tim@mnetor.UUCP (Tim Desjardins) (12/11/90)

In article <2512@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Tony Hutson) writes:
>Can anyone tell me where I can get a GIF viewer for the Amiga that will
>allow me to view GIF files.  Does one exist?
>If you can, could you give the ftp site if there is a PD version out.
>Thank You for any and all future help...
>
>Tony Hutson
>hutsonda@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

Try  j.cc.purdue.edu, I know virtgif ( an ok shareware ) is there as well
as some others.

--
Tim Desjardins
tim@mnetor.uu.net, {uunet|utzoo}!mnetor!tim TDesjardins@mot.com