[comp.sys.amiga] req.library 2.1 ??

Andreas.Schildbach@p10.f18.n246.z2.UUCP (Andreas Schildbach) (12/03/90)

AREA: COMP.SYS.AMIGA
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me whether version 2.1 and 2.2 of req.library
is an official release or not??

I've received this library yesterday, and "version" says that
it's version 2.1 but with "newzap" I get version 2.1.

What is new??
Where can I get docs??

Thanks,

Andreas

--
UUCP: ...!doitcr!rcafe!18.10!Andreas.Schildbach	    Andreas Schildbach 2:246/17@FidoNet

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (12/11/90)

nj@magnolia.Berkeley.EDU writes:
> Andreas.Schildbach@p10.f18.n246.z2.UUCP (Andreas Schildbach) writes:
>
>    Can anybody tell me whether version 2.1 and 2.2 of req.library
>    is an official release or not??
>    I've received this library yesterday, and "version" says that
>    it's version 2.1 but with "newzap" I get version 2.1.
>    What is new??
>    Where can I get docs??
>
> New "versions" of the req.library often don't contain updates to the
> library itself, but to some of the support files (e.g. the include
> files, the demo program, and the doc file).  I think the latest
> "version" of the whole thing is 2.5, available on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
> in incoming/amiga.  A long doc file should come with the archive.

That's correct.  It's called reqlib2_5.lzh.  I uploaded it there as
soon as it was approved here by Colin Fox.

You'll notice that there are no changes to the code (from 2.1)
(that I can recall)...mostly a flurry
of little changes to the programmer's interface to req.library
(renaming structures, procedures, etc).

Note: 2.5 is the latest, official version...and typing "version
req.library" should indicate as such.

nj@magnolia.Berkeley.EDU (Narciso Jaramillo) (12/12/90)

Andreas.Schildbach@p10.f18.n246.z2.UUCP (Andreas Schildbach) writes:

   Can anybody tell me whether version 2.1 and 2.2 of req.library
   is an official release or not??
   I've received this library yesterday, and "version" says that
   it's version 2.1 but with "newzap" I get version 2.1.
   What is new??
   Where can I get docs??

New "versions" of the req.library often don't contain updates to the
library itself, but to some of the support files (e.g. the include
files, the demo program, and the doc file).  I think the latest
"version" of the whole thing is 2.5, available on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
in incoming/amiga.  A long doc file should come with the archive.

nj