[comp.sys.amiga] Where is Commodore's Head Office?

pdbeam@watserv1.waterloo.edu (T.C.) (12/11/90)

This is just a trivia (trivial?) question.  I know Commodore used to be a
Canadian firm.  Is it still?  Where is the corporation controlled from?

Travis Capener
c/o pdbeam@watserv1.waterloo.ca
U of W Bell/ALEX Project   University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

In <1990Dec10.195729.10371@watserv1.waterloo.edu>, pdbeam@watserv1.waterloo.edu (T.C.) writes:
>This is just a trivia (trivial?) question.  I know Commodore used to be a
>Canadian firm.  Is it still?  Where is the corporation controlled from?

Tha Bahamas.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.

spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec10.195729.10371@watserv1.waterloo.edu> pdbeam@watserv1.waterloo.edu (T.C.) writes:
>This is just a trivia (trivial?) question.  I know Commodore used to be a
>Canadian firm.  Is it still?  Where is the corporation controlled from?

Commodore's head office is at:
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester
PA 19380
USA

Spencer Shanson - Amiga Software Engineer     | email: spence@commodore.COM
                                              | or uunet!cbmvax!spence
All opinions expressed are my own, and do not | "A picture is worth 1000
(necessarily) represent those of Commodore.   | words, or about 300,000

In article <16448@cbmvax.commodore.com> spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) writes:
>>This is just a trivia (trivial?) question.  I know Commodore used to be a
>>Canadian firm.  Is it still?  Where is the corporation controlled from?
>
>Commodore's head office is at:
>1200 Wilson Drive
>West Chester
>PA 19380
>USA

	Well, that's where most of Commodore International's operations are,
but the company is legally a Bahamian company, and there is an office and
secretary there (that's also where Irving Gould lives nowadays, for tax
reasons).

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "If your application does not run correctly,
do not blame the operating system."  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) (12/12/90)

In article <16463@cbmvax.commodore.com> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:
>In article <16448@cbmvax.commodore.com> spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) writes:
>>>This is just a trivia (trivial?) question.  I know Commodore used to be a
>>>Canadian firm.  Is it still?  Where is the corporation controlled from?
>>
>>Commodore's head office is at:
>>1200 Wilson Drive
>>West Chester
>>PA 19380
>>USA
>
>	Well, that's where most of Commodore International's operations are,
>but the company is legally a Bahamian company, and there is an office and
>secretary there (that's also where Irving Gould lives nowadays, for tax
>reasons).

Picky picky picky, Randell.
OK - I'll go and bury my head in a pitcher of diluted fizzy coloured water
that you natives like to drink cold, and shut up :-).