[comp.sys.amiga] Protect

jonv@ptvxs1.claremont.edu (JON VESTAL) (12/10/90)

Can someone please tell me how to unprotect files.  I brought them over and
now I would like to delete them, and the files are protected agaisnt deletion.

Thanks in advance.

Jon Vestal
Pitzer College
Internet:  jonv@pitzer.claremont.edu		Snail:  Jon Vestal
	   jonv@ptnext.claremont.edu                    Pitzer College Bx. 754
Bitnet:    jonv@pitzer                                  1050 N. Mills Ave
AT&T:      714-621-8555-6108                            Claremont, CA 91711

In <10058@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, jonv@ptvxs1.claremont.edu (JON VESTAL) writes:
>Can someone please tell me how to unprotect files.  I brought them over and
>now I would like to delete them, and the files are protected agaisnt deletion.

>From the CLI..

protect +d <filename>

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (12/12/90)

lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:

>>Can someone please tell me how to unprotect files.  I brought them over and
>>now I would like to delete them, and the files are protected agaisnt deletion.

>protect +d <filename>

Umm..  that's "protect <filename> +d".  You've been at the Unix too long,
Larry!

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

In <22142@well.sf.ca.us>, farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) writes:
>lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>
>>>Can someone please tell me how to unprotect files.  I brought them over and
>>>now I would like to delete them, and the files are protected agaisnt deletion.
>
>>protect +d <filename>
>
>Umm..  that's "protect <filename> +d".  You've been at the Unix too long,
>Larry!

Well I'll be darned! Shows you how often I use protect. :-)

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.