[comp.sys.amiga] help w/FTPed software running

griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) (12/03/90)

HELP!!!!!
ok I feel Better, now heres the problem I've been down loading software from
FTP cites on a sun workstation than down loading it to a IBM thats hooked to
E-NET putting it onto 3.5 floppies.then I take it home and try to transfer it
useing crossdoss 4.0 which seems to work, but when I unpack it, or lets say
try to unpack it (zoo and lharc are all I've tried so far)it says my data
is corrupted?.my question is what am I doing wrong???? some of the software is
 from the US and some is from europe does this make a difference?

 any help could save what little is left of my mind!
 thanks Terry

sl195@cc.usu.edu (A banana is not a toy) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec3.130649.24709@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) writes:
> HELP!!!!!
> ok I feel Better, now heres the problem I've been down loading software from
> FTP cites on a sun workstation than down loading it to a IBM thats hooked to
> E-NET putting it onto 3.5 floppies.then I take it home and try to transfer it
> useing crossdoss 4.0 which seems to work, but when I unpack it, or lets say
> try to unpack it (zoo and lharc are all I've tried so far)it says my data
> is corrupted?.my question is what am I doing wrong???? some of the software is
>  from the US and some is from europe does this make a difference?
>
>  any help could save what little is left of my mind!
>  thanks Terry

Are you receiving and transferring your files as binaries?  I go from
ftp->microvax->i*m->3.5" floppy.  If you don't set your file type as bin
(on ftp) or (for Kermit SET FILE TYPE BIN) you will end up with a pile of
garbage....

--

All comments are my own, and many must be taken with a :-)