[comp.sys.amiga] comp.sys.amiga

tenny@bach.dec.com.UUCP (01/29/87)

NO !! to moderated comp.sys.amiga.

Dave Tenny
who would rather have a messy group than no group at all.

SCHOW%FSU.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA (09/09/87)

Hello,

I am interested in reading comp-sys-amiga but do not have access
to USENET news.  Is there anyway I can receive mailings from
comp.sys.amiga?  Thanks.

Pete Schow
Systems Group
Florida State University

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (09/10/87)

In article <870909103015.053@NMFECC.ARPA> SCHOW%FSU.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA writes:
>I am interested in reading comp-sys-amiga but do not have access
>to USENET news.  Is there anyway I can receive mailings from
>comp.sys.amiga?  Thanks.

  Harv Laser, PeopleLink AmigaZone ChairPerson (hi harv), downloads
  each and every USENET posting in comp.sys.amiga, and reposts to
  PLINK's AmigaZone Library (like every day or 2).  It's not like
  getting email, and PLINK costs money, but many amigoids who
  otherwise wouldn't see this stuff, now have a chance.

-scott

KASHANI@ICNUCEVM.BITNET (lorenzo kashani rad) (08/18/88)

I'm an A500 (LED-LESS) owner .

Can i apply the scheme for the A1000 ?they are very similar but i want to
be sure that the TEST POINT CONNECTION is the same ? (it seems so)

Thanks in advance.

Lorenzo Kashani Rad

                   ------------------------------------
                     INTERNET : ICNUCEVM.CNUCE.CNR.IT
                     BITNET   : ICNUCEVM.BITNET
                   ------------------------------------

4224_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca (12/12/88)

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the "sh" program required to
decode the files in comp.amiga.source and comp.amiga.binaries?  I am a
newcomer to this network, and while I am familiar with the usual 1-step
de-ARCing or de-ZOOing process, I am puzzled about what steps are required to
take something off these newsgroups and make it useful!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve van der Burg

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (12/13/88)

In <1067@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 4224_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca (Steve van der Burg) writes:
> Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the "sh" program required to
> decode the files in comp.amiga.source and comp.amiga.binaries?  I am a
> newcomer to this network, and while I am familiar with the usual 1-step
> de-ARCing or de-ZOOing process, I am puzzled about what steps are required to
> take something off these newsgroups and make it useful!
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

	I can't help you in locating the unshar program, but I thought I'd pass
along a little ARexx-CEDPro script that I wrote to unshar postings from Bob Page.
It likely wont work with any other postings, but hey, it's all I needed.

/* unshar.ced - unshar Bob Page postings */
options results
status 20
dirname = result
result = 0
beg of file
do forever
	search for 'cat*<<*\shar_eof*>'
	if pos('not found', result) >0 then do
		clear 1
		exit(0)
		end
	else do
		status 55
		filename = word(result,words(result))
		down
		mark block
		search for 'SHAR_EOF'
		cut block
		save block  dirname'/'filename
		end
end

-larry

--
"Intelligent CPU?  I thought you said Intel CPU!"
        -Anonymous IBM designer-

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (03/04/89)

this is  REALLY cool directoy listing program. It's UNIX ls.

Uudecode, then unzoo it.

I put the binary in the PNET downlad area: ls.zoo

I have the source too, if anybody is REALLY interested.

It's fast. My god how its fast.

begin 644 ls.zoo
M6D]/(#$N-3`@07)C:&EV92X:``#<I\3](@```-[___\!!-RGQ/T"`0X5``!?
M````3!*7G44;O!D``*\4```!````````````;',``!KH>@`9N@H`$0``?^`V
M0"DC*````0`8,$^@08$"#AH,(+``/H-C!`Y(UQ`?"20D`"3)=Y`%'@`$D)P#
M!BX3OX,@>`@D@$V$2H8!G+CZIT,)H#,"\8$`0@*(""`I#8(!P6T*(#/Z0'`X
MXP!$DFC<JD$#H8A$$J-@X*%(DNVD02;?#@SP"#*%DP"@4CP)@$H(JP"D3+@)
M0`$.`)<"80"0Z<]9BC4`,`7@!.(!I%<@#0`R""@%D`"$P@C$!`(PJVC(,(M`
M`P#"M&2?00B0`T!"AA1)`L""%D@*("%G7`L`\L_?)V!57M\1*-HHM4`?9/$&
M,$50%&3_['W@!0`$".*"/L1Z_CR*LG_X1#QYD<")+@OD[((A`.(%2+($1+`A
M0(VOF*`@6S*9Y%4@>IG_7(#XX((-6R=U@"46@'"0`08S0^C3F5TR]8.-8^R=
MP0Z`9+PQ1W]IB"%'&'+DL5<5__`CT@DRN`"`"4@H<8@9!C"H2P5<L+!>>S,I
MXQA(^!%SXUU[S82"3680()X`<`1P(P7P!9#>2P`$<-],.MS(`)`*P'%&$/H(
MH(UD!1#!1P!P".`+(&T(Y$]E(,'1`BP0F"&0/%(8H@0&9O`S!2*1K`,2"`BH
M0%PA2A3RAD#:H$E`-,78!0$$<O#011"``:`)+'M`@(`9]#BQ#P0$`/`#&`(1
M`H`4H`)@!P!TE,K9'*5J`8`<I3(!@!NE^@``&Z7J94:I(@!@H$`4`#!&J40:
M"00`+-R(`QAN(,".01^`88:S30(0K1=%WL@"&%9D>RP-8#CA+0!`@&'$N$2`
MX4.8-Z9KP[@H@.&"9`RDBH*AB"H*@7E(Z!&`/4BP(4"FNC3@0Q#L#"S9`N+0
MZ\03[P#`P!2%@/H/"2`<`(DA<J@6R!L&4,O0"DJP`@`'+,(QP(T<N`4`#[P<
MPH8%(!A0#B`("T"%"',@L)<N$^`R+@\EOXQ3`"($K+-W$%B!Q1,W(H$3`)+D
MO'.*&=0Y12*3(`-"`GY2'.@:V+Y@-2PP8`'`&0S`H</9:0-@AA`@%.`::3(T
M%P#"`=`R1,)4>#>!"GS;(D3<.5>!Z`M(G)PS/2(,RH'@-%C]]\""QTL`Q6!X
M$G#?WCW@S-,VG8$!'`5@&0`$D@W`!1@,\.TWX-Y)P`\$+`10RQF5L]-WTDID
M;2?7R,!AMN^SB)``VAC(C8'LP`N_===\S_+UX3Y#CP`=_LC('GZLW'BI#OCQ
M<2,(LB<(`#"U(P(""\W)+ID`WH"!P23)/.F/-CV!X"<FXA-"[FCQ/@`@0'X#
MX4#1$'`&"12-!VP3`?P0X#T:_<,4+D-`G&+&A@,J"`Z248`2.(B`HD$`)_X0
M@UVP!``NS`\/8&$".9S0!0`YX0T@D$(0FO`#`%3!#6MPPQONX`80O`$.=$C#
M&XIX@A*,X00*$,@4WB"'#K$`!&,(@QM.0`<0@)`.="B#'(K8AC#080QH\*(9
MT3`'W@BQBV9X0QW<0`:!1%$@;)B##D!0@CE<L0A5I"((1E`"-I`ABD/0(A=!
M4`8\A*$-:7!#&4!@AC2P89*")$,:Y%"&,="!BGFXXR9F`(,=T"`&;>#C'$"P
M"1BT(8I]C*)Y0-""%F!1D5UDPQO&L`80I($.(8BB%=[`ACJT`9-R`($F.>E)
M4/IRE65H`Q+SX(([WA`$93PC&JHID$T4D@Q#`(`W#1D$<7ZS".)TI3B]F$YV
MBG,&,RB3.&^0REJ"H`E/D$(1:&E+*'!R#JN40AGH4(<Q[K&5\MR$$3:QA$W0
M8`?P;`,4PG"&27Y3!PB-(A$VJ<<2M&`&A@2!$2Q9AHZV@`8A%8(N>6G2&J0T
M#V$T*0X,>4<TS@&$<KA#&<CPG.8X9Z/,_&2'G$.=$J"4IR68*4_?&<\7J$"5
M_GM!1@7B5*BJX`511.@FO*@"%0A!GT%8PAVQ"`(?@&`*:!@B%M_0AF.Z@0YS
MB*(RRPH"H*YRB6P(97/,0->17O*N;LCK6-E`5R8L\0P@8$,:YI!$-YQAK$4T
MZS7G0$4ZR#699A6H'<0XATE25@Z6Y<TJS3I%T()`#'D`P1S2H(<RC+6+I*WL
M:5-+!C.ZEC=2H*M`QU#0U6XVL8MM[&,!()(`2`!%)EI@`Q\8P0E6$#^F*!H#
M&J@>B26)`$_*CXK.P($7'.`%"^A7/T"A-((A`!2/D\P!B`"QSF0L=&X`"Q(`
M84,0H6-$)3H1$D1P`!+`CP'/G8DF@(0!\<JAO-Y!@!?2"X`#"`!4`9"%$B9P
M!AX4\$>`>`,-BD:!,U``O.)%`X)U@0`9M)<!8)``B/70#S*,&`$>.#&##>"+
MQ%H7!0#`@TW48"GX,>0#9T``ETC5)"MD3#(!T$+_%'`T(9C030&HB<EH8(:F
MP(\($B07")3@'08XH6@LF-:6Y_<Z`XP9)&J@H$%6<#0$D.P?D&L#G'UI0!#@
M6,<9)A0(EC`GK>%I&2Q(@P$9YSAW&)`%*?*`UAS1":^9AP,B<`!K_$2%0M2-
M--G=(Y_I9*<_KX`V\!`!`^_EDR5XQP$*V'.?.QV)9;A-U+"8`0;^P39L_@,>
M">('&[S3`&V(0,[TH#,"FH"..LLYU$[@-3%$T();<R_`_V`%_)1@"#-(P-;P
MX!)Z]<$/&G`)$V`0`I;VL24`%("`9CZV9/PA!1$8`-JF^/6MZY9=_0![!5"8
M,[!CH8P@FQ`G_VB.$B1C`"DPH1TR_`<S:%C?6^/71"BRRXU(<",,W`@&0FC%
MK;E$AG\C@):W+A4_^$N"!4";$M,VQ-1@432I62`(>D*`TJCP`@1X)P'6@,(3
M2B<02H!@!3FVR1L<H&:!`)D%4C`9!F"GYA^?@0Y)!P`)8&[`Z&F->"I(@"Y,
M!H,W$"`%Z(2!$C0.#S.@@$MN^/2M2\>'G8``$"$X5GHX0\$ER,$GWHA",D)$
M@F.#X>SF-@()CB(D`("!"CG<S*&7``>\'R=$.0R!$D!"`BF0@.S4=M,_[@4_
M#$##9"0X@YF;#0\PB*#EUE89+$R&,@5@21_6D`P!3``&#^J#';+G@%UB.,,:
MUL$)(,*&2!X`@X@'0.W<0+(H`@8`)C`?"MXI@!QT3@+&`\`%\(,!%0Z!A'8T
MZ1_@Z/[WR2'^`/P#'5F&@BQD1H`O@2'52#M`EY$`/Q3`CPE7((0;!("'`!30
M\Z#G;B]P+!C095W5'.:!`>[691Z@!(%P!@(@!9:F!G5V9T+78]`2)*5B#$CV
M(QH'#F=@`2_0;.&G!_K@`R-&`+)P8N,A0`,#`A2(`$-0;`>4,`2S`$SP.`F2
M#X3@'0L`!`PV`#``@Q48=!E&`)(!`*0@!1I'#B!'#KAP$P2@"T?!!4QX?LQV
M?K)0;2X`"X1@!BK`86=``D42A6_``%?(#2"7?`+!"II`"':A=NB@=N"@=N1@
M>ORB!_G@"BG(`0PF`,!P8M_P@1GW#^10>;6P#)KG`74#"4WX!AJ0A_D@"",V
M`.KPAXYP8DFH`6#!`/#`<'4@AAZ4#UXP/W``(**()?D@!?,3+J%H,ATVBD8P
M/]#WB@`0BZK(`_,#!``B$C%P?0"@BC(P/S"0903P."2``';@)#."'];@7?V2
M#S90B6+PAP9P8F`!`(S0</@`7A$'`&K'#VJ'#V&@".`5!.T0(D.0CN0H$"6B
M<=W8;/SP`O!#`O0(``6F!_C@#Y4H`0P6`+8@&?]@!"8`;*`(?"$B$@!0?!B1
M!"M0)@@0(O+&#\*6A#@PD<)F9T;(8QH)"-$P"1F)8WP0#9*P`E$`>7+&#['@
M?9=B#)VX%[Z'D%`@$B/`D'P``$9@`,RP"JB"CO]`!0F"#Z9P<U#0$WX``'!`
M`&/"!KH7`.\`"NXF##?A`'"``)!P"#Y)!=$`#!#`'"T@!8<`!MY0E4NI`1WS
M#J%``@9`#(%@!@QPE5FYE5T)`%\9EN"@!$`'"2RR`3?9;%1`=810<]Y!`%ZC
M!#^18.SP-/T#='CV!CQ0=-8R-;8@A@RP90ER#ZJ08,;0/TH0E)-#8KK0$V)H
M`I:I#_?@!PF&"3UA/R\`='S0F@``"/V"#P:`!'+V!MX1`,S07A!`=0A`:!20
ME9%SBPF61IVI#_8@"@FV8.E(!4GX92:#`V?@`W@)`)!P!C@@AB^G)Y!0<_UR
M#\2`5;D)""P8G-SIG7IP#\`@GKH0`&H@8S:8A`K0B<0`BB(!`Q"`(JK&:7?2
M:EDF=0M@`A34C#,!#6"!`%Y6!_>9G_L%/P"ZC-!FH-^`H+UX#@%`)'>A$IV!
M+!]!`'SA#":"``<@,6R#)??@!&'`">,"`6`!!/15!P@#`,ZI"#'J!V%`""8*
M!`+I!R;*!`)I!R;JG`#P#VY@HJ4XI&9@HFH@D`MFFB`TI%9@HGP@D$Y@HH@@
MD$9@HI0@D.L2C/I0#X(@&??@"15:&DG"*!R*(U!B`D"Q`+6V`'+``*QQ`L>"
M`&#0(L;B7CCX#8W#C0K)D"#@IAA0?2L@!=AQ9@!@`7UWJ'*&#[&@B.KPDO9Y
M#J6AGVX*`2*P!&=:;_*U%W4@$,`G$"(!#O"`31*SCIU1!`IB`05Y:!W:(/8`
M%@\@?[YG`>SS>R`2?N>``R"`/_I3*$"P`IQ!"B'R$7:Q$T@F"&I'#T?C`7@!
M$W!`!/BA`^,X-6*PJ)`#%"E9)$@F`'9PC,^"#LGXGQ'*`(NQ$FYRBW;0F^D(
M#N,*/QXZ$]:`8]@J;SJQK0"0A,``<O@09#\1K?BA'\W&K`(A"DAF"`P@*@*1
M`(,"`)10!.W*`'ZR`R"1K@B;-W?W#^G*!T6@#N9&&A*@`<>XD`P@`0"P`V>@
M`<)P$@H@#2++$#!0LB?[6"L+`"W[L@LI!4I`![>H`0R0$"`P-4+PLS,K$#I`
MM'(P-3)```D1LR8;M!I`#"Q+#2+;M#(;M`H@M39+#1+`M`MIJI49"*;Z<8(`
M%@0P.;ZGD!2`(BJ0!.AXBRO0.*G6!'$+MY.'`2MPDP,A#B>C!$`P-0R0M_\P
MN`&G.1D'`/>R!"+0!/HC"5O&%X#PN*[@#XP`%CA6H05``BJ`!'X"!_^@/[9@
MKH2KL2UB>`*Q34@I`L_:)-,*))4I?Y,+"^(A$$K0$R70!#9;`>B4`!5PDYV"
M`+UK$`Y0`4<```^`/WRA#25P+!"P"_6Q-@IP>GSA"2"@`"D6!!Z+)(B`!9`@
M!*@`$B'0.!\WG]]``J``("_0`"H`!&-GLX_U$_J#"7PYI`8DN(1[BXK2`L:K
M/[*KNDT0L"KP!?4EJN?P`0CP:P:$FBH0`?)D#(K`#P50"W6#!,50#HW@#86`
M!$"@`P"@!$4P-2G!`P'0!C#@8,<R`.E*`%)@!+I@!/*D`)I@!&!I,=[P$3<)
M5L_""AP``\?"`$30).GJ`"4\&P.1PBO<P@WK`#$L!43@PQ)3)O^`#0QP"!#1
ML`Q``%0L$+_R#^X``BE@0(!P$C+00W8!`U]L`'D3QB]C`^MS$CP@"4#P`P'P
M`P/`Q#]0`#]``#]P`,R'"\PW(;K`#Z307L'Y+.S`)V`!`?@`BC%J#7R2%4:4
M)IV!`5,C`0P@$"HP-0@J$#]@!NQ0)`T'#"(!`3#0=P;4JK&3CL"PCO]`#*>B
M!!*0KB5$80*!"PPP`0"@`NFJ!`P03G\K$*X0`HN@%R.@"'H!!4,@!4L`!M80
M!4/`)YTI3Q```G&``QW<)@)A`,X,!NP0S0(A"#MA`G"@%\HL!;&@%R10S0"`
MS&!`"K?L*>D*`;"<KD;0F5.C!6"`"Q!@R0(!!!$!``YPR0"@!6*0S0;`&Q(P
M`0S`$/XL$`'-$`1MT`P!`L(!N/;,&Q;C![`\-2JL!!.FR<IL,4!0)*52>)UH
M<S%9!02,`S*0$2@0``)Z$;8@"5-#?TI@`E)@"XLP-:3I!E4'&!\G`-X!`-E)
M!%,3,L?2P3>Q$BRP!"8P!<Q<"\XP-=,<HBT0@P:TO`94>6!`"S&$MJ@(!+L<
M!#0X!!110B?DCJ:QT.3RSP\]T`4-``9@`!,-`1@@T`T-T`(=T7)]T,U1T<H`
M"0'@TP/=*E,@UL#BQ0#`![#PO7P@3T1`V.D""H>=KCQ`U@!`"&:=V2`0`8TM
M$/(D%P)!FCA&`)"0"B`1#/RP`+@`#=]KE:B-`(2M`"]L,68`RG7`(`IZ#B-J
M(BR0.Q2@!$:P!OI1F\!P#CC##@-`"2H``SZC!`5@.@A0```@`-96,TAPW,F]
MW"#@W!ZJ"^L`"%-@!&#@#.\%WDZ0C>``(`K1WA_R#W107`QYE'```DNI!Q`P
M`<D$"P'`-G*P//UM`'*@`/P=)%*P"&"`#A_M!1ES,V#IDW2PE1<!!R(`"Q-@
M!B)PX"2P"!]=)15.82J,X/(P8=,"RKJ@#O7#"D*P`6"`"AO^T1B0W_O=WXP"
MX(\UX/Q]!B$.!N1`X@]&`"L.!H"P708`X>.16'!QWNK@#BZB#I;0B?3E>^Z-
ME&$@:N,!`=D09$9!!OAPIT*``5N>%#%1!]#,GXB`Y77"WL1%J0QI%1"@`18P
MY&NSX\&VIY=<H0,``29R!+Z#`8%Z!LX-=`FQ`6:0C$#'$!O`73\'$I#`D[C3
MP2K7%$`':68&&!#@'>K@`D]](.?M#_$UH;<ZY2"T8P+A`40PY(%`@1)#!(&0
MA'45"`"2A!APZJR.BJDN$#[<ZME\ZN@K`$@0!#00`.F:-$#PZT@@!#2P-ME,
M",$``[X.!,G.[,Y^[#(@`"3P`>@[`.L:.[%91W(=#IG@S+'C,]YN`.F0"5DP
M!+'S'.5>#IE0!4.@!)"2S>.0"5,P!,EN#JAP[$(@!.:@"D@P!(`0#&SL[#0P
M`+].#,$`"8+@[0AP[ZQ!!OZ`-P@_!.?@QT`0#$%@`A]P[0`2R00`*OU@#DX0
M!P<Q`,\B$`RA\@;AUR<O#Q+AL0+QSU->\S9_\SB?\SH?+`+1!*,43TPP!2!0
M(C"`4+.U977`6)$$`E:@'TTP!D-`19#$2R`0`SF``]:L`%4P!Q15!GN41R"P
M!2TP!F1@!FS@!G+`6%+0!6'_16@0`VR_!6XO`VSO`G9_1Q_``1_@`7O_`7W/
M]R4``S)`!BT0^(-?^(*/5(FO`X9/!HR?^`L)`RT``Y)/^=T-`SI`^9FO%ZU$
MS3K_^3J/8TW"P:#_^0'`!:6?^JK_^0DQ^BK?/`.1\B\?$`#<I\3]`@``````
M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````2```P
MK0@(````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
.````````````````````
`
end
--
``It was like watching sea-monkeys come to life. Not as impressive as you'd
            thought, but at least they were wiggling.''

chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) (03/06/89)

In article <12898@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
)this is  REALLY cool directoy listing program. It's UNIX ls.

I like this sucker.  But what is that number between the time and the file
size in the 'ls -l' listing?
--
-  It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be  -
-  coming up it.                                        -- Henry Allen  -

jmsc@inesc.UUCP (Miguel Casteleiro) (03/06/89)

In article <345@gtss.gatech.edu>, chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) writes:
> In article <12898@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> )this is  REALLY cool directoy listing program. It's UNIX ls.
>
> I like this sucker.  But what is that number between the time and the file
> size in the 'ls -l' listing?

It's the number of blocks of the file (1 block = 512 bytes).
By the way, this directory lister was posted to comp.binaries.amiga
(including sources, Lattice 5.0) by Justin McCormick on 12 Dec 1988.

--
 Miguel Casteleiro at
 INESC, Lisboa, Portugal

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (03/06/89)

In article <345@gtss.gatech.edu> chas@gtss.UUCP (Charles Cleveland) writes:
|In article <12898@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
|)this is  REALLY cool directoy listing program. It's UNIX ls.
|
|I like this sucker.  But what is that number between the time and the file
|size in the 'ls -l' listing?

It is the number of blocks used by the file.
I hope he posted the most current version, 2.2.  Yes, it is a great
program.  I make it resident and alias 'dir' to 'ls'.  That's the way
the Amiga should work.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (03/06/89)

In article <12898@gryphon.COM> I posted:

An LS program.  I'd meant for it to be Distribution: local
but I screwed up. Oh well. I'm not going to bother cancelling
it, as it's already got to most places by now. It's on one
of the fish disks.

--
              Memory parity error. Abort, retry or ignore ?
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

darin@nova.laic.uucp (Darin Johnson) (03/07/89)

In article <12898@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>this is  REALLY cool directoy listing program.

Anytime I see a phrase like that, the words "trojan horse" pop into
mind.  Of course, Richard Sexton wouldn't do this (unless this is
forged).  No offense meant, but that's actually what popped into my
mind.

It's a nice program by the way. (typeahead can do some wierd things)

Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	Can you "Spot the Looney"?

SLMT9@cc.usu.edu (07/13/90)

	Hi there poeple. sorry about that last message. I got cut off. what
I need is this i need to undo(ie. uncompress) a .Z file. Actually a couple
of them. I read in a Compress.zoo file from the Fish disk collectio that there
is supposed to be a file out there that does this called uncompress. If there
is anyone out there that knows where i can get this program or a simmilar one
that does the same thing then please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks
in advance.

	Joshua
	slmt9@cc.ucu.edu

In <28122@cc.usu.edu>, SLMT9@cc.usu.edu writes:
>	Hi there poeple. sorry about that last message. I got cut off. what
>I need is this i need to undo(ie. uncompress) a .Z file. Actually a couple
>of them. I read in a Compress.zoo file from the Fish disk collectio that there
>is supposed to be a file out there that does this called uncompress. If there
>is anyone out there that knows where i can get this program or a simmilar one
>that does the same thing then please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks
>in advance.

Try 'compress -d filename'

-larry

--
The raytracer of justice recurses slowly, but it renders exceedingly fine.

LARA%YORKVM1.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca (Joel) (08/26/90)

Can you please subscribe me to comp.sys.amiga.

My name is Joel and my address is lara at yorkvm1.bitnet

Thanks

Joel.. Lara At Yorkvm1

rcs91900@zach.fit.edu ( Charles Stockman /ADVISOR-Clutterham) (09/28/90)

I am going to put this as politely as possible, I am tired of seeing the
same software on the amiga everyday, until this problem is fixed, I help
to support the amiga developers so they should produce the software I want
(By the way this was one of the main reasons told to me why I should buy
software ).  So do not flame because every month I will put this article
on.  I keep putting on every month until I get a response because I sat
through a lot of article I thought were a waste.  This is important to
me .  I will solve this problem the only I know how by building the software
and getting people interested in it.

huebner@aerospace.aero.org (Robert E. Huebner) (09/28/90)

In article <1414@winnie.fit.edu> rcs91900@zach.fit.edu ( Charles Stockman /ADVISOR-Clutterham) writes:
>I am going to put this as politely as possible, I am tired of seeing the
["You know what" deleted]

Could somebody please post the correct procedure for putting a NAME into a
kill file instead of an article title.  This should be posted on something
like news.questions (?), but I'm sure there are others here that would like
to know.  (Using rn, of course)

Robert Huebner	huebner@aerospace.aero.org
		The Aerospace Corporation
		Standard (and Deluxe) disclaimers all around

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Richard L. Carreiro) (09/29/90)

In article <1414@winnie.fit.edu> rcs91900@zach.fit.edu ( Charles Stockman /ADVISOR-Clutterham) writes:
>software ).  So do not flame because every month I will put this article
>on.  I keep putting on every month until I get a response because I sat

Gee, this guy has the potential to top our beloved -MB- in the
insufferable jerk rating.

--
Rich Carreiro                                    The "War on Drugs"
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                      is merely a smokescreen for

owhite@nmsu.edu (SpamG*D lord of potted meat products) (09/29/90)

help me please

i am running an apple imagewriter II printer on my A500. i just got
my hands on a manual (the esoteric joys of used hardware) and it
mentions downloading fonts into this little puppy.

question: has anyone managed to make this work. i have disks and disks
of fonts i use with dpaint that i would like to just send to the
printer so my text will be somewhat more attractive.

any and all help is appreciated.

spamG*D
direct mail to owhite@dante.nmsu.edu
thanks

huebner@sunpoison.UUCP (Robert E. Huebner) writes:
rcs91900@zach.fit.edu ( Charles Stockman /ADVISOR-Clutterham) writes:
>>I am going to put this as politely as possible, I am tired of seeing the
>["You know what" deleted]

>Could somebody please post the correct procedure for putting a NAME into a
>kill file instead of an article title.  This should be posted on something
>like news.questions (?), but I'm sure there are others here that would like
>to know.  (Using rn, of course)

Well, since I sent Charles (and his postmaster) a letter only yesterday
telling him this would be the likely response to his bullying, I'd be
more than glad to help out.

Fire up rn, go to comp.sys.amiga, get to where you are looking at the
body of an article, and type control-K.  This will throw you into
whatever editor you have defined in $VISUAL, and you will be editing
a file called $HOME/News/Comp/sys/amiga/KILL (with cases as shown)
add a line to your file that looks like this:

	/rcs91900@zach/h:j

save the file, exit the newsgroup, go back to it, and you should see
"Looking for files to kill" at the top of your screen.  Comp.sys.amiga
is a _big_ group, it will take a while.  For each of Charles' articles,
you will see a line saying "<article number> junked".  Isn't that nice!

That line reads "look for the string (/.../) "rcs91900@zach" in the
header ("h") and for each one found (":"), junk the article ("j").
Junking is better than killing ("k"), because it gets the crossposts too.

The good news is, the next time you read the group, the kill process
starts where _it_ left off killing articles, not where you left off
reading them, so second and subsequent tries go lots faster.

Anything to promote a kinder, gentler net (except shutting up, but then
"/xanthian@Zorch/h:j" works well too, for the many folks that have seen
more than their fair share of my bombast over the years. In fact, rumor
has it, its the net's third or fourth most popular kill file entry. ;-)

Kent, the man from xanth.

Lynch_MJ@cc.curtin.edu.au (12/05/90)

In article <596@cbmger.UUCP>, peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
> In article <1990Nov26.213302.11406@cck.cov.ac.uk> cmg996@cck.cov.ac.uk (Martin-Martin Nike) writes:
>>
>>I am looking for a FORTRAN 77 compiler for the Commodore Amiga (a500
>>with 1 meg) .... Is there a FORTRAN compiler for the AMIGA ?
>
> There exists one made by Absoft and named AC/Fortran. But I don't
> know the price (NOT PD) nor who distributes it in UK.
>
> --
> Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to  \\  Only my personal opinions...
> Commodore Frankfurt, Germany  \X/ {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

 I have used Absoft Fortran 77, Look harder before you buy this! Its not as bad as Lattice C though.

In article <44589@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v117gv8r@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Burnett) writes:
> only 1 disk drive and 512K ram.
> 	Is there a PD version of C available. What do people think of
> commercial C packages that are available?

People that I know have used Lattice C (a commercial C-Compiler) have spent more time trying to debug the compiler than they have programming!!! So don't go
   near Lattice-C.

In article <5066.275d1986@cc.curtin.edu.au> Lynch_MJ@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
>In article <44589@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v117gv8r@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Burnett) writes:
>> 	Is there a PD version of C available. What do people think of
>> commercial C packages that are available?
>
>People that I know have used Lattice C (a commercial C-Compiler) have spent more time trying to debug the compiler than they have programming!!! So don't go
>   near Lattice-C.

1. There are several PD C compilers. Look into the Fish disks:
   DICE, SZC, PDC (even more?).
2. Lattice-C is SAS-C now. It's far from a bad thing, it's the compiler
   most of the Amiga's system is written in! It's a big one, though. What
   your people see as bugs, are perhaps only features not enough under-
   stood by them. It's not to be learnt in a quarter of an hour.

sl195@cc.usu.edu (A banana is not a toy) (12/14/90)

In article <5066.275d1986@cc.curtin.edu.au>, Lynch_MJ@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:
> In article <44589@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v117gv8r@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Burnett) writes:
>> only 1 disk drive and 512K ram.
>> 	Is there a PD version of C available. What do people think of
>> commercial C packages that are available?
>
> People that I know have used Lattice C (a commercial C-Compiler) have spent
>more time trying to debug the compiler than they have programming!!! So don't
> go
>    near Lattice-C.

I've been using SAS/C 5.10 for a while, and it works beautifully!!!   I know
that there is no compiler, either PD or commercial that is 100% bug-free.
I had one problem with it, but that was at 1:00 am :-)  The problem cleared
itself up with a good night's rest.  I've had no real problems with SAS'
compiler.  Code probe works great.  I can live with LSE.

The only real problems that I've had with most programs are either shoddy
programming (not in the case of SAS) or my running under AmigaDOS v1.2.

BTW, what do you mean by debugging the compiler?  It sounds to me like these
people don't know how to use it. I'm not an expert, though I have no problems
if I read the manual.  If I get really desparate, I can ask people on the net.
(*****THANKS***** NET PEOPLE!)

--

All comments are my own, and many must be taken with a :-)