[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted: Checksum Utility

jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) (12/12/90)

[]

Hello, does anyone out there have a checksum utility that will compute
checksums for an entire directory tree (file by file) and report any
differences compared to a previously generated set?

(I want to test backups of a hard disk partition or subset.  Is there)
a better way to do this?)

                               Thanks,

--

                                                Jim Pritchett

UUCP:  texsun.central.sun.com!letni!rwsys!caleb!jdp
 or    letni.lonestar.org!dms3b1!caleb!jdp

stern@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Eric G. Stern) (12/14/90)

In article <1915.AA1915@caleb>, jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) writes:

> Hello, does anyone out there have a checksum utility that will compute
> checksums for an entire directory tree (file by file) and report any
> differences compared to a previously generated set?

Brik on a fish disk can do this.  I don't remember which one.  I just
recently used it when I upgraded from WB 1.3 to 1.3.2 to find which
files changed.  One thing to watch out for, it needs a biiiig stack.
40000 or 50000 is about right.

				Eric Stern
				stern@unix.cis.pitt.edu