[comp.sys.amiga] Trouble With Some NewXanth Files

detert@lognet2.hq.aflc.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (12/14/90)

I don't know if there is something wrong between my site and NewXanth,
but lately I've some problems with some of my downloads.  The latest
episode was with the 3d.zoo that somone just put up.  I FTP's it to
my site and then downloaded it just like I always do (binary, etc).
Anyway, the zoo list and un'zoo give me an error like bad header directory
entry or something and only shows 1 file of about 4500 bytes.  The zoo
is 69k so I know here should be something in there.  I know NewXanth is
just about full, but I don't think that should be causing this problem.
Has anyone else downloaded this particular file and got it to un'zoo?
Cheers and Happy Holidays to ALL, especially Dave Haney and the folks
at C-A.  Dave
CMSgt David K Detert, USAF     MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/14/90)

In article <39035@nigel.ee.udel.edu> detert@lognet2.hq.aflc.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes:
> the 3d.zoo that somone just put up.... the zoo list and un'zoo give
> me an error like bad header directory entry or something and only
> shows 1 file of about 4500 bytes...

The file 3d.zoo was corrupt, and has been removed.

The ftp STAT command is useful for testing archives before downloading
them.  In the case of 3d, something like ``quote stat 3d.zoo'' would
show it was messed up, alerting you of the problem before you download
it.  This is explained more fully in the README file...

	...tad