[comp.sys.amiga] Posting to comp.binaries.amiga

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (05/28/90)

What is the guidelines/procedure for posting to comp.binaries.amiga?

Travers "T'aran" Naran (I am male)
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science
Whovian, Prober, Treker, Quantum Leaper....
Mailing addresses:
   Usenet  Travers_Naran@mindlink.UUCP
or      uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Travers_Naran

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (05/30/90)

In article <1936@mindlink.UUCP> a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:
> What is the guidelines/procedure for posting to comp.binaries.amiga?

[ I just threw this together... ]

Politics:
	1. Must be Amiga code (samples or bitmaps alone isn't good enough).
	2. No demos.
	3. No commercial software (shareware that demands money is commercial).
	   (Shareware that asks for money but doesn't require it is ok).
	4. Must be freely distributable (it can be copyrighted as long
	   as permission is given to distribute *and* redistribute).

Format:
	I can decode most anything, although the easiest for me are
	split uuencoded zoo or lharc files.

Helpful:
	1. Include a package name *and* a version number (ie, Clicker 2.2).
	2. Include a brief description of what it is/does.
	   (Saying ``Version 2.2 of Clicker'' doesn't tell me much).
	3. Separate the binaries submission from the sources submission.
	4. Keep each part less than 100k.

Where:
	1. Mail submissions to <amiga@cs.odu.edu>.
	2. Post submissions to comp.binaries.amiga.

   ...tad

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (12/15/90)

How do you post to comp.binaries? I just tried to do it the same way
I am posting this, but nothing has shown up.
 Alan
whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/15/90)

In article <10666@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) writes:
> How do you post to comp.binaries? I just tried to do it the same way
> I am posting this, but nothing has shown up.

If your news system is properly configured, your posting was turned
into an email message to <comp-binaries-amiga@some-backbone-site>.
That backbone site will then forward it to <amiga@uunet.uu.net>, and
when it arrives an automatic response will be sent directly to you.

You can, of course, just mail your submission directly to
<amiga@uunet.uu.net> and avoid most of the above.  Doing so increases
the chances that your submission will be received unscathed.

Your posting will *not* appear instantly as it does with
comp.sys.amiga, so please don't post several times thinking something
must be broken...

	...tad