[comp.sys.amiga] A2320 questions

phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au (Phil Kernick) (12/17/90)

This question set is directed mostly at Scott Hood, because I have not
been able to get accurate information from *anybody*.

With a B2000 with the A2320 and ECS, what resolutions are available at
        (1)     15 kHz
        (2)     31 kHz
        (3)     any others frequencies that are supported

I am interested in the PAL specs without overscan.

Thanks in advance,
Phil.

--
      ///   Phil Kernick                EMail:  phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au
     ///    Departmental Engineer       Phone:  +618 228 5914

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (12/18/90)

In article <phil.661396137@adam.adelaide.edu.au> phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au (Phil Kernick) writes:

>This question set is directed mostly at Scott Hood, because I have not
>been able to get accurate information from *anybody*.
>
>With a B2000 with the A2320 and ECS, what resolutions are available at
>        (1)     15 kHz
>        (2)     31 kHz
>        (3)     any others frequencies that are supported
>
>I am interested in the PAL specs without overscan.
>

>Thanks in advance,
>Phil.
>
>--
>      ///   Phil Kernick                EMail:  phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au
>     ///    Departmental Engineer       Phone:  +618 228 5914
> \\\///     Dept. of Psychology         Fax:    +618 224 0464
>  \///      University of Adelaide      Mail:   GPO Box 498 Adelaide SA 5001

Dear Phil

With AmigaDos 2.0 and the above configuration, you have the following

1) At 15Khz:

NTSC RATES -

	320x200
	320x400
	640x200
	640x400
	1280x200
	1280x400

All of these can be overscanned for a good deal more display area.
Note that the x200 display modes are non-interlaced and the x400 display
modes are interlaced and therefore have flicker.

PAL RATES -

	320x256
	320x512
	640x256
	640x512
	1280x256
	1280x512

The same information on overscanning and interlaced/non-interlaced

2) At 31.5Khz:

2XNTSC RATES -

	320x200 (double-scanned)
	320x400 (de-interlaced)
	640x200 (double-scanned)
	640x400 (de-interlaced)
	640x480 (ECS Productivity mode)
	640x960 (ECS Productivity-interlaced mode) *

These display modes can also be overscanned

* - This diplay mode does flicker.

2XPAL RATES -

	320x256 (double-scanned)
	320x512 (de-interlaced)
	640x256 (double-scanned)
	640x512 (de-interlaced)
	640x480 (ECS Productivity mode, 60Hz)
	640x960 (ECS Productivity-interlaced mode, 60Hz) *

These display modes can also be overscanned and all but the ECS modes
have a 50Hz vertical retrace time.

3) Additional Notes:

The PAL vertical rates are 50Hz unless noted and the NTSC rates are 60Hz

I may have left something out so please forgive me if I do!

Happy Holidays,

Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"