[comp.sys.amiga] DigiView Problems

zupke@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brian Zupke ) (11/25/89)

I have an Amiga 1000 with Digiview (old one) and a Panasonic WV-1410 camera.
Most of the pictures I digitize contain vertical streaks in random places.
Does anyone know what the cause of this might be?  I thought it might be the
long cable I was using and switched to a shorter cable and problem still
exists.  Anyone know what my problem is?  Thanks.

-Brian

klingler@faui55.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andreas Klingler) (11/27/89)

In article <2260@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> zupke@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brian Zupke (JPL Amiga Club Pres.)) writes:

>I have an Amiga 1000 with Digiview (old one) and a Panasonic WV-1410 camera.
>Most of the pictures I digitize contain vertical streaks in random places.
>Does anyone know what the cause of this might be?  I thought it might be the
>long cable I was using and switched to a shorter cable and problem still
>exists.  Anyone know what my problem is?  Thanks.
>
>-Brian

Try to adjust the tracking gadget in the camera menu. But do this very
carefully, step by step. You should notice that the streaks are moving left
or right while adjusting the gadget. Just try until you have moved them out of
the display.

	Andreas Klingler

zupke@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Brian Zupke ) (11/28/89)

My problem with the vertical spikes was caused by the sync mode on the camera
being incorreclty set to LL (random) instead of INT (interlace).  After I
flipped the switch, pictures digitize with no spikes.  Thanks to all who
responded.

--Brian

vik@lynx.uucp (Vikram Sohal) (12/20/90)

  I have been trying to use my DigiView frame grabber on my A500 to grab frames
off of my VCR by using the frame freeze option on the VCR and then grabbing
the signal using DigiView. I get the image, but there is always a lot of
distorting banding in the form of diagonal stripes across the image. I have the
latest DigiView software, but my actual DigiView hardware is about 3 years old
(I got it from a friend). At first, I thought that it was my VCR (which was
an old 2-head unit with a shaky freeze frame mode) so I replaced it with a
brand-new SVHS unit with a digital freeze frame mode. I still get the banding.
It looks like what would happen if there was line noise in the signal moving in
horizontal stripes up the screen (the diagonal effect appears to be from the
DigiView hardware grabbing a little bit of the signal at a time thereby allowing
the interference band to move upwards a little before getting it again, but at
a different vertical position). I tried connecting the signal directly to my
TV monitor and did'nt notice too much interference in the signal.
   Has anyone out there had this problem? How is it solved? Filters? A
sledgehammer? a new DigiView?

ADVthanksANCE for any help you can send my way!

Vic Sohal
Lynx Real-Time Systems                 "MIPS is MIPS"
(408) 354-7770