[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 Enhancer

parris@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Patrice Parris) (12/18/90)

Happy Holidays to all.

I am loathe to abandon my beloved A1000.  Does anyone know of a
hardware addition (eg a daughter-board) which will allow use of
the new chips?  I'd heard to something called the DVS Wonder,
but can't find any news of it.

Thank you.
--
         Patrice Parris    parris@caf.mit.edu       parris@MIT-CAF.UUCP
 Bubbles?!  Or is its true name 'Beelzebubbles'? - The Witchsmeller Pursuivant

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (12/20/90)

In article <5495@mit-caf.MIT.EDU> parris@mit-caf.UUCP (Patrice Parris) writes:

>I am loathe to abandon my beloved A1000.  Does anyone know of a
>hardware addition (eg a daughter-board) which will allow use of
>the new chips?  I'd heard to something called the DVS Wonder,
>but can't find any news of it.

The new Denise chip was originally designed to be pin compatible replacement.
The original design of the new graphics library allowed access to the new
genlock modes regardless of Agnus's vintage.

>         Patrice Parris    parris@caf.mit.edu       parris@MIT-CAF.UUCP

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale