[comp.sys.amiga] Help!

klm@munsell.UUCP (Kevin (my watch has a touch screen) McBride) (09/11/87)

Somebody please help!  I'm trying to get uupc going on my amiga.
When I try to compile the ulib module, the compiler complains that
<sgtty.h> doesn't exist in the include directory.

Is <sgtty.h> a new file that comes with Aztec C 3.4???  Or is my
distribution disk brain damaged?

I know, I'm probably the last person on Earth who still uses 3.20a,
so I'm lazy, so I haven't upgraded yet.  But, I'd still like to get
uupc running next week. (I have a system that's willing to feed me
mail.)

Would some kind soul out there please E-mail me a copy of <sgtty.h>
Use the address listed in my .signature, the address in the header
may be cruft.

Thanks!

--
Kevin McBride          |Disclaimer: My       | harvard -\
insert name of company | employer don't want | ll-xn ---adelie----> munsell!klm

klm@munsell.UUCP (09/12/87)

In article <1211@knopfler.munsell.UUCP> I wrote:

>Somebody please help!  I'm trying to get uupc going on my amiga.
>Would some kind soul out there please E-mail me a copy of <sgtty.h>
>
>Thanks!

And thanks again to John Olsen at utah-ug who satisfied my request
in less than 24 hours!

All the rest of you can now ignore my plea, I got what I wanted.

As for the people out there who are wondering if anybody has gotten
uupc running yet... I'll let you know in about a week.

--

ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) (09/15/87)

In article <1211@knopfler.munsell.UUCP> klm@munsell.UUCP (Kevin (my watch has a touch screen) McBride) writes:
> [stuff about Manx 3.20a compiler not being sufficient for uupc compiling]
>
>Would some kind soul out there please E-mail me a copy of <sgtty.h>
>Use the address listed in my .signature, the address in the header
>may be cruft.

	Um... wouldn't that be illegal?  You are asking someone to copy
commerical software and send it to you.  Yes, I'm assuming you are a
a registered owner of 3.20a; I also believe (personally) that your
request is legitimate, since the 3.40 update is free.  But technically,
I don't believe this is legal.
---
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP
		barrett@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa

donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) (12/03/87)

     Hello fellow amigamaniacs,

          I have been given a bitpad (i.e. digitizing tablet) and I have
     written a program which reads bitpad data from the amiga serial
     device and converts the data to raw mouse events and inserts the
     mouse data into the input.device input stream.  I multitask this
     program by 'run'ning it from a CLI.  It works, but something is
     not right.
          I can use the bitpad to operate workbench, but when I try to
     start Dpaint it barfs intensely. The cursor slows way down for a
     while, then it speeds up and starts zipping all over the screen.
     Nice art, but not what I had in mind. If I try using the mouse
     after using the bit pad, the cursor keeps going crazy for a few
     moments, then starts working normally.
          I don't know where to find the problem. I've tried twiddling
     the task priorities, but it doesn't make any difference. Is DoIO()
     too slow? Is Dpaint doing some busy waits?  Is my whole approach
     intrinsically stupid? Whazahuh?

          Any ideas? (At all?)
                                                 Thanks,
                                                     Don White
     zehntel|donw (in california)
     PO BOX 271177
     Concord, CA.
     94527-1177

In article <549@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) writes:
|>          I have been given a bitpad (i.e. digitizing tablet) and I have
|>     written a program which reads bitpad data from the amiga serial
|>     device and converts the data to raw mouse events and inserts the
|>     mouse data into the input.device input stream.
|>          I can use the bitpad to operate workbench, but when I try to
|>     start Dpaint it barfs intensely.

Well version I of deluxe paint sometimes sent diagnostic messages to the
serial port. Don't know about version two.

--Chuck McManis

hcm@hpclla.HP.COM (Harry Muttart) (12/09/87)

After you solve this problem, will you be willing to post the driver?  Would
the source be at all useful as a starting point for Koala Pad driver?  Has
anyone already written a Koala Pad driver?  Seems like a natural considering
all of the C64 owners who have one...

Harry Muttart

bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt) (12/09/87)

In article <549@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) writes:
<
<          I have been given a bitpad (i.e. digitizing tablet)...
<	...It works, but something is not right.
<
<       ...I can use the bitpad to operate workbench, but when I try to
<     start Dpaint it barfs intensely. The cursor slows way down for a
<     while, then it speeds up and starts zipping all over the screen...
<
<       ...I don't know where to find the problem. I've tried twiddling
<     the task priorities, but it doesn't make any difference. Is DoIO()
<     too slow? Is Dpaint doing some busy waits?
<     I multitask this
<     program by 'run'ning it from a CLI.

Dpaint *is* doing busy waits while drawing.  Your program probably needs
to SetTaskPri() itself to 19 or 20.  The input.device itself runs
at 20. (too low, really.  Those system tasks should jump into the
hundreds)

DoIo() is not too slow, but
remember, *always* do a query of the serial device to see how
many bytes are available to read before you do the read.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, SOH, EOT)
{o O} . bryce@hoser.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!hoser!bryce
 (")
  U	WARNING: hoser's spool directory eats a *lot* of mail. :-(

stroyan@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Mike Stroyan) (12/11/87)

I had the same problem with a program for a Kurta Penmouse+ that used
the same technique.  Adding "SetTaskPri(FindTask(0L), 20L);" cleared
it right up.

I am including the program, which should convert easily to the bitpad
by adjusting the Parse and send_event functions.  The program compiles
with Manx C.

Mike Stroyan, [hplabs!]hpfcla!stroyan

# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line,
# then unpack it by saving it in a file and typing "sh file".
#
# Wrapped by stroyan at hpfcri on Fri Dec 11 00:33:47 1987
#
# This archive contains:
#	makefile	kurta.c
#

echo x - makefile
cat >makefile <<'@EOF'
CFLAGS=

.c.o:
	cc $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $*.c

kurta: kurta.o
	ln -w -o kurta kurta.o -lc

kurta2: kurta2.o
	ln -w -o kurta2 kurta2.o -lc
@EOF

chmod 664 makefile

echo x - kurta.c
cat >kurta.c <<'@EOF'
/* kurta.c */

#include <exec/types.h>
#include <exec/exec.h>
#include <devices/serial.h>
#include <devices/input.h>
#include <devices/inputevent.h>
#include <devices/timer.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <intuition/intuitionbase.h>
#include <intuition/intuition.h>
#include <functions.h>

static short done = 0;
static struct IOExtSer *inreq = NULL;
static unsigned char inbuf[513];
static struct MsgPort *inputDevPort = NULL;
static struct MsgPort *timerDevPort = NULL;
static struct IOStdReq *input_request_block = NULL;
static struct timerequest *tr = NULL;
static short input_device_open = 0;
static short timer_device_open = 0;
static struct InputEvent motion_event;
static struct InputEvent button_event;

struct IntuitionBase *IntuitionBase = NULL;
struct GfxBase *GfxBase = NULL;
struct Window *Window = NULL;

main()
{
	struct NewWindow NewWindow;
	register struct IntuiMessage *msg;

	SetTaskPri(FindTask(0L), 20L);

	/* Open display */
	if (!(GfxBase = (struct GfxBase *) OpenLibrary("graphics.library", 0L)))
		CleanUp("no graphics library!!!");

	if (!(IntuitionBase = (struct IntuitionBase *)
		OpenLibrary("intuition.library", 0L)))
		CleanUp("no intuition here!!");

	NewWindow.LeftEdge = 250;
	NewWindow.TopEdge = 0;
	NewWindow.Width = 150;
	NewWindow.Height = 10;
	NewWindow.DetailPen = 0;
	NewWindow.BlockPen = 1;
	NewWindow.Title = (UBYTE *) "Kurta";
	NewWindow.Flags = WINDOWCLOSE | WINDOWDRAG | WINDOWDEPTH
		| SIMPLE_REFRESH;
	NewWindow.IDCMPFlags = CLOSEWINDOW | REFRESHWINDOW;
	NewWindow.FirstGadget = NULL;
	NewWindow.CheckMark = NULL;
	NewWindow.Type = WBENCHSCREEN;
	NewWindow.Screen = NULL;
	NewWindow.BitMap = NULL;
	NewWindow.MinWidth = 150;
	NewWindow.MinHeight= 10;
	NewWindow.MaxWidth = 150;
	NewWindow.MaxHeight= 10;

	if (!(Window = (struct Window *) OpenWindow(&NewWindow)))
		CleanUp("Couldn't open the window.");

	/* prepare input device */
	inputDevPort = CreatePort(0L, 0L);
	if (inputDevPort == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't create port");
	input_request_block = CreateStdIO(inputDevPort);
	if (input_request_block == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't create input request block");
	if (OpenDevice("input.device", NULL, input_request_block, NULL))
		CleanUp("Can't open input device");
	input_device_open = 1;

	input_request_block->io_Command = IND_WRITEEVENT;
	input_request_block->io_Flags = 0;
	input_request_block->io_Length = sizeof(struct InputEvent);

	motion_event.ie_NextEvent = NULL;
	motion_event.ie_Class = IECLASS_POINTERPOS;
	motion_event.ie_Code = IECODE_NOBUTTON;

	button_event.ie_NextEvent = NULL;
	button_event.ie_Class = IECLASS_RAWMOUSE;
	button_event.ie_X = 0;
	button_event.ie_Y = 0;

	/* prepare timer device */
	timerDevPort = CreatePort(0L, 0L);
	if (timerDevPort == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't create port");
	tr = AllocMem((long) sizeof(*tr), MEMF_CLEAR | MEMF_PUBLIC);
	if (tr == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't create timer request");
	tr->tr_node.io_Message.mn_Node.ln_Type = NT_MESSAGE;
	tr->tr_node.io_Message.mn_Node.ln_Pri = 0;
	tr->tr_node.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort = timerDevPort;
	if (OpenDevice(TIMERNAME, UNIT_MICROHZ, tr, NULL))
		CleanUp("Can't open timer device");
	timer_device_open = 1;

	tr->tr_node.io_Command = TR_GETSYSTIME;

	/* prepare serial device */
	inreq = (struct IOExtSer *)
		AllocMem((long) sizeof(*inreq), MEMF_PUBLIC | MEMF_CLEAR);
	if (inreq == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't allocate memory");
	inreq->IOSer.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort = CreatePort("SerialRead", 0L);
	if (inreq->IOSer.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort == NULL)
		CleanUp("Can't create port");
	inreq->io_SerFlags = SERF_XDISABLED;
	if (OpenDevice(SERIALNAME, NULL, inreq, NULL))
		CleanUp("Can't open Serial port");

	inreq->IOSer.io_Command = SDCMD_SETPARAMS;
	inreq->io_ReadLen = inreq->io_WriteLen = 8;
	inreq->io_Baud = 2400;
	DoIO(inreq);

	inreq->IOSer.io_Command = CMD_READ;
	inreq->IOSer.io_Data = (APTR) inbuf;
	inreq->IOSer.io_Length = 1;
	SendIO(inreq);

	while (!done) {
		/* wait for something to do */
		Wait(1L << inreq->IOSer.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort->mp_SigBit
			 | 1L << Window->UserPort->mp_SigBit);
		if (CheckIO(inreq)) { /* received data from the tablet */
			WaitIO(inreq);
			Parse(inbuf, inreq->IOSer.io_Actual);
			inreq->IOSer.io_Command = SDCMD_QUERY;
			DoIO(inreq);
			inreq->IOSer.io_Command = CMD_READ;
			if (inreq->IOSer.io_Actual > 0) {
				inreq->IOSer.io_Length = inreq->IOSer.io_Actual;
				if (inreq->IOSer.io_Length > 512)
					inreq->IOSer.io_Length = 512;
				DoIO(inreq);
				Parse(inbuf, inreq->IOSer.io_Actual);
				inreq->IOSer.io_Length = 1;
			}
			SendIO(inreq);
		}

		while (msg = (struct IntuiMessage *) GetMsg(Window->UserPort)) {
			ReplyMsg(msg);
			switch (msg->Class) {
				case CLOSEWINDOW: /* shut down */
					done = 1;
					break;
				default:
					break;
			}
		}
	}

	CloseDevice(inreq);
	CleanUp(NULL);
}

/*
 * Function to parse data tablet format
 */

Parse(data, count)
unsigned char *data;
ULONG count;
{
	static int byte_index = 1;
	static int x, y, switch2, switch3;

	while (count > 0) {
		switch (byte_index) {
			case 1:
				/* Try to sync up to tablet */
				if ((*data & 0x40) == 0)
					break;
reset:
				switch2 = (*data & (0x10 | 0x08)) != 0;
				switch3 = (*data & 0x04) != 0;
				byte_index = 2;
				break;
			case 2:
				if (*data & 0x40)
					goto reset;
				x = *data & 0x3F;
				byte_index = 3;
				break;
			case 3:
				if (*data & 0x40)
					goto reset;
				x |= (*data & 0x1F) << 6;
				byte_index = 4;
				break;
			case 4:
				if (*data & 0x40)
					goto reset;
				y = *data & 0x3F;
				byte_index = 5;
				break;
			case 5:
				if (*data & 0x40)
					goto reset;
				y |= (*data & 0x1F) << 6;
				send_event(x, y, switch2, switch3);
				byte_index = 1;
				break;
		}
		count -= 1;
		data += 1;
	}
}

send_event(x, y, switch2, switch3)
int x, y, switch2, switch3;
{
	static int old_x = 0, old_y = 0;
	static int old_switch2 = 0, old_switch3 = 0;

	if (x != old_x || y != old_y) {
		input_request_block->io_Data = (APTR) &motion_event;
		motion_event.ie_X = (2 * x) / 3 - 50;
		if (motion_event.ie_X < 0)
			motion_event.ie_X = 0;
		else if (motion_event.ie_X > 640)
			motion_event.ie_X = 640;
		motion_event.ie_Y = 450 - (2 * y) / 3;
		if (motion_event.ie_Y < 0)
			motion_event.ie_Y = 0;
		if (motion_event.ie_Y > 400)
			motion_event.ie_Y = 400;
		motion_event.ie_Qualifier =
			(old_switch3 ? IEQUALIFIER_LEFTBUTTON : 0) |
			(old_switch2 ? IEQUALIFIER_RBUTTON : 0);

		/* get the current time */
		DoIO(tr);
		motion_event.ie_TimeStamp = tr->tr_time;

		DoIO(input_request_block);

		old_x = x;
		old_y = y;
	}

	if (switch3 != old_switch3) {
		input_request_block->io_Data = (APTR) &button_event;
		button_event.ie_Code = IECODE_LBUTTON;
		if (!switch3)
			button_event.ie_Code |= IECODE_UP_PREFIX;
		button_event.ie_Qualifier = IEQUALIFIER_RELATIVEMOUSE |
			(switch3 ? IEQUALIFIER_LEFTBUTTON : 0) |
			(old_switch2 ? IEQUALIFIER_RBUTTON : 0);

		/* get the current time */
		DoIO(tr);
		button_event.ie_TimeStamp = tr->tr_time;

		DoIO(input_request_block);

		old_switch3 = switch3;
	}

	if (switch2 != old_switch2) {
		input_request_block->io_Data = (APTR) &button_event;
		button_event.ie_Code = IECODE_RBUTTON;
		if (!switch2)
			button_event.ie_Code |= IECODE_UP_PREFIX;
		button_event.ie_Qualifier = IEQUALIFIER_RELATIVEMOUSE |
			(switch3 ? IEQUALIFIER_LEFTBUTTON : 0) |
			(switch2 ? IEQUALIFIER_RBUTTON : 0);

		/* get the current time */
		DoIO(tr);
		button_event.ie_TimeStamp = tr->tr_time;

		DoIO(input_request_block);

		old_switch2 = switch2;
	}
}

/*
 * Function to clean up however much stuff got started
 */

static CleanUp(text)
char *text;
{
	if (timer_device_open)
		CloseDevice(tr);
	if (tr)
		FreeMem(tr, (long) sizeof(*tr));
	if (timerDevPort)
		DeletePort(timerDevPort);

	if (input_device_open)
		CloseDevice(input_request_block);
	if (input_request_block)
		DeleteStdIO(input_request_block);
	if (inputDevPort)
		DeletePort(inputDevPort);

	if (inreq) {
		if (inreq->IOSer.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort)
			DeletePort(inreq->IOSer.io_Message.mn_ReplyPort);

		FreeMem(inreq, (long) sizeof(*inreq));
	}

	if (Window) CloseWindow(Window);
	if (IntuitionBase) CloseLibrary(IntuitionBase);
	if (GfxBase) CloseLibrary(GfxBase);

	if (text) {
		fprintf(stderr, "ERROR: %s\n", text);
		exit(100);
	}
	exit(FALSE);
}
@EOF

chmod 664 kurta.c

exit 0

padre@clark-emh.arpa (05/10/88)

Would ANYONE out there take a few days out of their lives to help
solve my problems I am having with the FTP and the KERMIT programs?

!   !  !!!!!  !      !!!!
!   !  !      !      !   !
!   !  !      !      !   !
!!!!!  !!!    !      !!!!
!   !  !      !      !
!   !  !      !      !
!   !  !!!!!  !!!!!  !

padre@clarke-emh.arpa

padre@clark-emh.arpa (05/10/88)

Would ANYONE out there take a few days out of their lives to help
solve my problems I am having with the FTP and the KERMIT programs?

!   !  !!!!!  !      !!!!
!   !  !      !      !   !
!   !  !      !      !   !
!!!!!  !!!    !      !!!!
!   !  !      !      !
!   !  !      !      !
!   !  !!!!!  !!!!!  !

padre@clarke-emh.arpa

.

rogoff@itsgw.RPI.EDU (David H. Rogoff) (10/24/88)

 Hi,

  a couple of weeks ago I got an Escort 2 chassis/mem expansion
  for my A1000.  I added 1meg of 41256s.  It worked fine first time.
  It doesn't now.  As of yesterday it does this:
    1 Turn on amiga
    2 flash, flash... ask for Kickstart
    3 Put in Kickstart
    4 Whirl, whirl, whirl.. pause..
    5 power light flashes slowly a few
      times
    6 Power light flashes quickly.
    7 Screen flashes colors.
    8 goto 5

The Amiga is fine with the expansion disconnected.  What's the deal?

  Please respond email (rogoff@itsgw.rpi.edu).

--
    David Rogoff, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY, 518-276-8536
      rogoff@itsgw.rpi.edu  userea7p@mts.rpi.edu

ddave@pnet02.cts.com (David Donley) (02/27/89)

OK, I am having several small problems.  First of all, I have two programs.
A program A and a program B.  It appears that if program A has the
serial.device allocated in an exclusive manner, and program B tries to open
it once, in either exclusive or shared mode, program B is locked out and
errored.  If program B tries to open it TWICE, it opens!  I can't figure
this out, and for all I know, it may just be something stupid I'm doing.

I want an interrupt to render graphics into a RastPort inside a window.  I
need to know when the layer is locked, so I won't draw into it and cause a
lockup/crash/guru whatever.

Thanks!

[7m                                     [m
[7m [m David Donley- another P-Net C-Nut [7m [m
[7m [m                                   [7m [m
[7m [m    PS: Call the Bug Eyes BBS at   [7m [m
[7m [m          (213) 273-4494           [7m [m
[7m                                     [m

pm@tcom.stc.co.uk (Peter Mitchell) (06/09/89)

Sorry to disturb you all on such a trivial matter, but can anyone out there
tell me if my reply-to address posted in the past has been pm.

I know this may sound strange but in my .login file on the UNIX machine I use
I have in the past been setting my user name to my full name and this seems to
have caused me problems with the mail system!

			      Thanks

                              Peter

dawill@hubcap.clemson.edu (david williams) (09/08/89)

    I know some time ago we had a whole flurry of problems getting DNet 2.01
to work, but at that time I didn't really have a use for it.  Now, between me
and my roomate, we have 3 Amigas.  (Only 2 hard drives, though)  Since I saw
the software distillery's NET: device recently, I decided to hook up the 3rd
Amiga with NET: and avoid much jumping back and forth with disk in hand.
   However, DNet 2.01 barfed when I tried running it.  Here's how I have it
set up:   my 1000 feeds the second 1000 through a null modem cable.  When I
start DNet, the little 'dialing' window appears.  Now, you are supposed to use
the menu entry 'start DNet', wherepon the computers will automatically start
up a FTerm window.  I'm okay untill then.  The window appears, but never does
anything.  After a bit, it goes away again and the little 'dialing' window
appears.  No error messages, no nothing.  I pulled my hair out checking all
of the files like dnet.server to make shure everything was set up right.  Did
anybody else have this problem?  Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?
Matt?
    anyone?   anyone?    BUELER?
 Dave Williams  |                              |  You really think I'd tell
                |   dawill@hubcap.clemson.edu  |  you what I'm up to?

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (09/12/89)

Well, believe it or not, I still haven't gotten DNET 2.x, so
all my experience is with 1.x, but here it is anyway:

1. Make sure your dnet.servers file is in s:.  Make sure it
   has the correct pathnames for the servers.

2. Make sure both machines have the same baud rate set in
   preferences, or choose a baud rate on the DNET command
   line.

3. Make sure you run DNET on BOTH machines.  BOTH machines
   should have a dialer window up.  When both dialer windows
   are up, you should be able to type into one and see the
   results in the other.  If you can't, don't bother going
   on, it will not work.

I always run DNET -s, which prevents it from running FTERM
once it comes up.  I'm not interested in running FTERM, only
NET:.

--Doug

SGHYATT%UALR.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Steve Hyatt) (11/20/89)

Hello,
   I'm new to this list and am having problems unpacking files I have FTP'd
from the various sources. I am connecting via BITNET (FTPing through a portal
at Princeton). The system I am receiving the files on is a VAX running VMS. We
also have online the Berkley UNIX shell. I have tried uncompressing the uu1.Z
files and get a message that the files are not compressed. I assume this is the
correct method (saw it mentioned in a previous msg). I never have received the
file which tells the methods of uncompressing the various formats. I'm also
specifying BINARY when I request the files. (F.Y.I. I'm FTPing from xanth)
If someone could send me a UUENCODED version of the files needed, I would be
very grateful. There are several of us Amiga users here at UALR who would
benefit from the added availablity of files via FTP.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Hyatt
Lab Manager, Computing Services Dept. - UALR

BITNET: SGHYATT@UALR.BITNET

quantum@pro-exchange.cts.com (Mike Solomon) (02/08/90)

Hi! Can I please have some advice on which terminal program I should buy for
my Amiga 500?  I have 512k memory. I want the best that I can get, that wont
take up all my memory like Online! Platinum does. Please send me E-Mail. thank
you very much!

        .   .
          .
        \___/

quantum@pro-exchange

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!quantum
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!quantum@nosc.mil
INET: quantum@pro-exchange.cts.com

paul.wilson@canremote.uucp (Paul Wilson) (02/11/90)

Hi...
Try jrcomm94a... It's pd but really good(it can munch memory if your
using interlace and 16 colors, but on 2 colors and no interlace, it's
great)
Or
Atalk III... It's commerical, but really good..  Supports all sorts of
emulations like vt100, ect...
Smile And Let the world Know that your Amiga user.
Later
Paul Wilson
.      // .
.     //  .
. \\ //   .
.  \X/    .
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1
 ~ QNet 2.02: Track 36 BBS System The Commodore Support Group

ejkst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (02/25/90)

In article <90021118332692@masnet.uucp> paul.wilson@canremote.uucp (Paul Wilson) writes:
>Hi...
>Try jrcomm94a... It's pd but really good(it can munch memory if your
>using interlace and 16 colors, but on 2 colors and no interlace, it's
>great)

Just a word of warning:  JRComm will produce some spectacular crashes if
you've changed the system font to something it doesn't like (using
setfont).  Needless to say, I never properly evaluated it, since it got
deleted so fast.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cis.unix.pitt.edu

navas@sim.berkeley.edu (David C. Navas) (07/31/90)

I hate to send this all over the world, but...  Someone tell whoever is
in charge of AMIGA-RELAY to get me off the list, it's making the local
sysop quite angry with me.  I've e-mailed twice and allowed two weeks for
this to stop, to no avail.

Thank You, and now back to more amazing insights into the A3000UX

						-Dave
navas@sim.berkeley.edu

96994999%WSUVM1.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (Jeff Heller) (09/04/90)

I am having a great bit of difficulty UN-subscribing to the comp.sys.amiga
list.  This newsgroup is completely flooding the reader on our VM/CMS
(piece of junk!) IBM 3090 system here.  Please tell me how to unsubscribe!

One more question, what has happened to XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU ?  Is their
system down or are they at a new address?

      ____
  || ||_____   //                ____//           //   Amiga powered!
  ||      //  //    //     //  //    \\         \X/
  ||     //  //     \\    //|  \\     \\         __
      __//  //_____  \\__//||   \\____//       |\\ |
  ||                                 //        |_\\|
____________________________________//         |       SCUBA equipped!

96994999%WSUVM1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/05/90)

There is a new address for Xanth. It is: abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov.

 -Joseph Hillenburg (Sultan of Asm)
INET: joseph@valnet.uucp            |MAIL: 1709 West Gray
UUCP: ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph       |MAIL: Bloomington, IN 47401
AT&T: 1-812-336-2969                |MAIL: United States
CompSci BBS: 3/12/24 1-812-876-4407 9:30 pm-7:30 am |Mail replies requested
              Those aren't bugs! Just undesirable features!
rable features!

furr@pnet12.rfengr.com (George Madison) (10/28/90)

I recently purchased my first `arcade' game, _Ballistix_ by Psygnosis.  It is
copy protected, and as this is the first time I've had to deal with this, I
wonder if anyone can tell me how to make a copy of the original disk.  I just
want to make a ``working'' copy to play the game off of so I don't risk
ruining the original.

[BTW, this game runs FINE on my 25MHz A3000, under 2.0!]

I don't normally read this newsgroup, so please forward any hints by e-mail.

ADVthanksANCE,

[ George Madison, a/k/a George The Bear, a/k/a Furr  8-{)]  ** BEAR POWER! ** ]
[furr@pnet12.cts.com |NBCS:B8f+t+w-e+s+k+a!cv PIG 8/7| ucsd!serene!pnet12!furr]
[> GEnie: GEORGE.M | Ursinophiles And Barbophiles Unite! | PLink: BEARDLOVER <]

      ``God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen -- take comfort from the war;
        We'll foot the bill for this one just like all the ones before.
        Since freedom has no price-tag, you can always ask for more!''
             -- _God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen_ by Bachelors Anonymous

psherman@acsu.buffalo.edu (peter d sherman) (12/20/90)

	Hello everyone! Sorry to bother everyone out there this close to
Christmas, but I need to know the answer to this problem very quickly! You
see, I have A 1080 monitor which still works great (I bought it in 1986), but
I'm going to be putting together an IBM clone for my mother (she needs it for
all those IBM-businessy things) and I was wondering if the PC could use the
1080 as an EGA compatible monitor. If this is possible, then are there any
restrictions, such as having to use a 400 line EGA mode in interlace, or even
the 350 line mode? What can and can't be done? Also, what would the black
switch in the back be set to? TTL Pos, Neg, Analog RGB, ???
	And lastly, what would be a good EGA card to get if this works?

	Any E-mailed comments regarding this matter and would be welcomed and
greatly appreciated at the above address.

VX I-Net: psherman@acsu.buffalo.edu VX Standard disclaimer applies. VX A-3000!!