[comp.sys.amiga] Vip

mcdonley@dinl.uucp (alan mcdonley) (12/18/90)

What ever happened to VIP professional? It is a 123 clone that was
pretty good.  Are they still in business?  Forget stuffy manufacturers
not willing to take a risk on us "not in the mainstream" amiga owners.

Alan McDonley,        Martin Marietta Information and Communication Systems
(303) 977-3347        mcdonley@inlatlas.den.mmc.com
P.O.Box 1260          ncar!dinl!mcdonley
Denver,CO 80201-1260  Opinions are my own, not my employer's.

TCampbell@cup.portal.com (Thomas W Campbell) (12/18/90)

I purchased VIP Professional at a closeout sale, and found it didn't like my
system.  So I wrote the address in the manual, but the letter was returned
as 'No longer in business.'  For what it's worth...

TCampbell@cup.portal.com

cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) (12/20/90)

In article <1806@dinl.mmc.UUCP>, mcdonley@dinl.uucp (alan mcdonley) writes:
> What ever happened to VIP professional? It is a 123 clone that was
> pretty good.  Are they still in business?  Forget stuffy manufacturers
> not willing to take a risk on us "not in the mainstream" amiga owners.

I don't know your knowledge of older industry players but Adam Osborne
of the Osborne Computer fame created PaperBack Software which
produced and published VIP Professional. Written in FORTH it
was the first multi-demensional Spreadsheet program widely available.
I love Adam and FORTH. VIP was fast and well done.

Unfortunately his comapny was sued by Lotus and thats as it stands.

The recent decision by Judge Hatter may provide a way to appeal
the decision against VIP but for now Adam is restricted from selling
VIP Professional.

--Clyde