[comp.sys.amiga] Sound sampling from C

lab@spader.UUCP (Lars Berntzon) (12/18/90)

Hello!

Can any one please help me to explain how i could read data from my sampler
in the C-code, I have tried to use the parallel.device but it will just hang
when i do the read command. When i use other programs for sampling they work
fine, maybe they read directly from the hardware port.
I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance !

Lars Berntzon				mcsun!sunic!spader!lab

johnk@pro-graphics.cts.com (John Kohanski) (12/20/90)

    You are right in that the reguler parallel device does not work when
trying to talk to a device other then a printer.  The normal parallel.device
want to receive paerout, and other standared printer port signals.  The only
way to acces the port directly is to talk to the CIA ( complex interface
adapter chips ) whic the amiga uses.  I have had no succes myself yet in
talking to these chips.  However you might have better luck.  You will need
the ROM-KERNEL manual which has a brief chunk of code in assembly that is
supposed to acces the cia chips.  Also there is some source code on a fred
fish disk ( I dont remeber whic number) that contains the assebmly source to
acces the chips.  However when I use the assebler that comes with lattice-c to
assemble the code it dose not work.
                                  John Kohanski
-- John Kohanski

 Pro-Graphics BBS  908/469-0049  "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!"

Internet: johnk@pro-graphics.cts.com
    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!johnk
    ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!johnk@nosc.mil