[comp.sys.amiga] One more problem with A2320...

ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi (12/15/90)

A2320 seems to cause a one more artefact in addition to the ones discussed here
lately. If I have the screen adjusted so that the black borders around the
screen are visible, it seems there is missing a 'slice' of the top black border
(about 1x35 pixels) at the top right corner, and there is respectively a black
'extra' piece of similar size at the lower right corner. This is just a
cosmetic problem and doesn't bother me, but I hope it will be fixed anyway.
Meanwhile, I will hear a plenty of clever comments from certain Mac users...
(like "Hey, are you beta-testing a new product? I hope they find a better
glue to keep those pixels up, before they start to ship!")

  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
                   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
                   Fax +358-0-4735426

                   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

jita@polaris.utu.fi (Marko Katajisto) (12/20/90)

In article <4265.276a1e2a@cc.helsinki.fi> ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi writes:

>A2320 seems to cause a one more artefact in addition to the ones discussed her>lately. If I have the screen adjusted so that the black borders around the
>screen are visible, it seems there is missing a 'slice' of the top black borde>(about 1x35 pixels) at the top right corner, and there is respectively a black>'extra' piece of similar size at the lower right corner. This is just a
>cosmetic problem and doesn't bother me, but I hope it will be fixed anyway.

I've noticed the same thing. While someboy's out there thinking a hardware fix
why don't somebody (Who's capable) write a short program that changes the
copperlist a bit? I'd like to know if it's possible to do this in a correct
way? I looked at Hardware ref. and Libs & Devs and couldn't hack out one...
Changing the color of that famous first scan line to black and the back to
COL01 in the beginning of scan line #02 should be enough. And maybe the lower
left corner can be fixed in same way...

>Meanwhile, I will hear a plenty of clever comments from certain Mac users...
>(like "Hey, are you beta-testing a new product? I hope they find a better
>glue to keep those pixels up, before they start to ship!")

Same here, I'd rather wait for a fix before taking my machine with me to our
univ. since I'm going to show my friends some multitasking and graphics...

>  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
>		   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
>		   Fax +358-0-4735426
>		   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

Jita - Marko Katajisto    University of Turku  Department of Computer Science
   jita@utu.fi  jita@nic.funet.fi  jita@firien.bitnet  Tel: +358 21 325910