[comp.sys.amiga] Anim player w/ singleframe support

Viet.Ho@SAMBA.ACS.UNC.EDU (samba) (12/18/90)

Howdy,

Is there such a program that will send pulses to the
serial port for single frame recording of ANIM files
(all types, EG, HAM and amiga res with different
palettes).

Or better yet, where can I get the sources to ShowAnim
5.xxx so I can add that feature in (since my case
is a bit more specialized).

-Viet
 Viet.Ho@samba.acs.unc.edu

baer@qiclab.uucp (Ken Baer) (12/19/90)

In article <9012180347.AA13314@samba.acs.unc.edu> Viet.Ho@SAMBA.ACS.UNC.EDU (samba) writes:
>Howdy,
>
>Is there such a program that will send pulses to the
>serial port for single frame recording of ANIM files
>(all types, EG, HAM and amiga res with different
>palettes).

Yes, there is, it's called Animation:Editor from Hash Enterprises.  You build
a list of IFF's and ANIM files.  They can have different resolutions,
different palettes, etc.  Then you select record, either using MicroIllusions'
Transport Controller or direct to a Panasonic OMDR (optical disc recorder).
If we can get the toaster.library from NewTek, I will add IFF24 to Toaster
support.

Anyway, Animation:Editor retails for $59.95, make sure you get Version 1.2
or later for the single frame support.  You will also need the MicroIllusions'
Transport Controller software (I forget the retail).

You can contact Hash Enterprises at (206)573-9427.

>Or better yet, where can I get the sources to ShowAnim
>5.xxx so I can add that feature in (since my case
>is a bit more specialized).

Why bother, when I've already done the work for you.  BTW, I added this
feature when we did our first film.

--
    //    -Ken Baer.  Programmer/Animator, Hash Enterprises / Earthling
  \X/     Usenet: baer@qiclab.UUCP  or  PLink: KEN BAER

a499@mindlink.UUCP (Robert Salesas) (12/21/90)

Take a look at Cando 1.5.  It offers many ANIM options including the frame by
frame approach PLUS you get to customize the programs!
Rob

dak@pro-graphics.cts.com (DAK Productions) (12/21/90)

I guess you have a similar problem to ours. A decent anim file (image wise)
but it just clunks along when the object or image is too large. We have used
two solutions; 1) "Step" through the frames, amnually recording them on tape
2) Using Director, "the 5 frame burst mode" five frames are buffered in ram,
played to tape which triggers the next 5 when the recording is complete. Your
idea sound better than either of these methods. Please let us know how you
make out!