[comp.sys.amiga] A500 and Multisync II

2flnoffend@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/21/90)

Could someone please tell me how to hook up my NEC multisync II to my
amiga 500!!!!!!!!!  (wiring diagram, source of specialty cable).

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Tom Cole

mzellers@starnet.uucp (Mark Zellers) (12/22/90)

In article <27577.2770db95@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2flnoffend@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Could someone please tell me how to hook up my NEC multisync II to my
>amiga 500!!!!!!!!!  (wiring diagram, source of specialty cable).

I think I may have already responded to you by mail, but perhaps there
are others who are interested in the same question.

It seems to me you have the following options:

	1) Sell the 500 and buy a 2000 and a Flicker Fixer or CBM 2320
	board.

	2) Sell the MultiSync and buy either an RGB video monitor (such
	as the CBM1084), or a good Sony video monitor with RGB inputs.

The problem is that the MultiSync 2A operates with a 30kHz sweep rate,
while the Amiga (without a deinterlacer) makes standard 15.75kHz video.
Other models in the Nec MultiSync line (such as the 3D) can operate at
both the standard video rate and the higher VGA rate.

Mark H. Zellers
1550 Cowper Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
decwrl.dec.com!voltaire!bwayne!mark