[comp.sys.amiga] Duplicate articles

swarren@eugene.uucp (Steve Warren) (12/07/89)

I usually expect to see some duplicate articles every once in a while.
It just happens sometimes; mailers get confused and post something
twice.

But lately it seems like I am seeing about 10-20% of the articles here
are duplicates of articles posted a day or two (or more) earlier.

Is something broken where I am, or are others seeing the same thing?

Just wondering...
--Steve
	  {uunet,sun}!convex!swarren; swarren@convex.COM

robin@sabre.uucp (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) (12/07/89)

In article <3721@convex.UUCP> swarren@convex.COM (Steve Warren) writes:
>But lately it seems like I am seeing about 10-20% of the articles here
>are duplicates of articles posted a day or two (or more) earlier.
>--Steve

I have been seeing this too.  I have also noticed that with this group I have
been getting articles from several weeks ago.  What's up?

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmchs!auschs\      |
|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
|Home: (512)251-6889                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<-MUST BE INCLUDED|

> But lately it seems like I am seeing about 10-20% of the articles here
> are duplicates of articles posted a day or two (or more) earlier.

> Is something broken where I am, or are others seeing the same thing?

> --Steve

  I thought I was in the twilight zone, like total deja vu.

Brett

unhd (Jason W Nyberg) (12/11/89)

In article <5723@cps3xx.UUCP> usenet@cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
>> But lately it seems like I am seeing about 10-20% of the articles here
>> are duplicates of articles posted a day or two (or more) earlier.
>
>> Is something broken where I am, or are others seeing the same thing?
>
>> --Steve
>
>  I thought I was in the twilight zone, like total deja vu.
>
>Brett

   Im starting to see my own articles over again!  deja vu is right!
(by the way, lollybobs has been mailed to and received by comp.binaries.amiga.
So it should be up anytime now)

Jason Nyberg
DISCLAIMER:I didn't do it. I don't know what you're talking about.

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (12/22/90)

Hey, has anyone but me noticed that a bunch of articles seem to be caught
in an endless cycle of being repeatedly regurgitated back onto the net?

The article I am replying to here is but one of many I have noted of late.

Can any of our net.geniouses figure out where this stuff is getting
duplicated?

--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (12/23/90)

In article <1990Dec21.182448.10733@convex.com> swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) writes:

>Hey, has anyone but me noticed that a bunch of articles seem to be caught
>in an endless cycle of being repeatedly regurgitated back onto the net?
>
>The article I am replying to here is but one of many I have noted of late.
>
>Can any of our net.geniouses figure out where this stuff is getting
>duplicated?

You aren't the only one who has noticed.  Here at the University of
Manitoba, we have been getting MANY articles re-sent.  (most notably
from Nov. 27-30 and Dec. 6-8, if that means anything.)

Daryl Turner
Internet: umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca
Urrrrrggghhhh!,    What a RRRRRUSH! -Road Warrior Hawk, The Legion of Doom