[comp.sys.amiga] need ARP.library

palm@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Thomas Palm / Chemie) (12/20/90)

Can someone tell me where to get the ARP.library to use with the
Vlt program on Fish-Disk 410.

Please E-mail to palm@rhrk.uni-kl.de

Thanks in advance

sysop@apd.zer.sub.org (12/23/90)

Hello,
you can reach the arp.library version 39.1 by apd germany
pin /AMIGA/BINAER 300-38400 Baud 8n1 24h username: sauger

or on fish disk #123

i hope this will help you...

(i.e. version library on fish #123 ist 1.0 and not the newest one....)

SYSOP@APD...C_Benner@APD  +49 6732 7137 300-38400 HST MNP V32-V42.bis

johns@pro-graphics.cts.com (John Silvia) (12/24/90)

If you have a hard disk, and use AmigaDOS 1.3, then I would heartily suggest
that you get a grip on a program that resides in public domain called ARP or,
the AmigaDOS Replacement Project.

ARP provides many usefull and faster procedures for running an AmigaDOS 1.3
based system.  The most current version that I have is version 3 (I believe)
and I don't use it anymore because I have 2.0.  I would suggest it for 1.3
users.  I use ARP on 1.3 whenever I have to use 1.3.  Look for a LHZ file
called ARP3.LZH or something like that.  It should contain everything needed
to install itself (which it does nicely) and then you'll not need to worry
about missing a library again.

ARP replaces the standard Ados commands with special ones that are written in
C, and have improved options - like for instance, doing 5 assigns on one
invokation of the instruction.

When I optimized my startup-sequence to use it, I saw an outright 15 second
increase in boot speed.

-- John Silvia

 Pro-Graphics BBS  908/469-0049  "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!"

Internet: johns@pro-graphics.cts.com
    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!johns
    ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!johns@nosc.mil