[comp.sys.amiga] QED

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (12/27/90)

bj@cbmvax.commodore.com (Brian Jackson) writes:

> The latest QED is v1.0 and it's available through Darren Greenwald
> (darren@cbmvax) and on lots of BBSs around the country.  GEnie has it
> for sure. The latest version is *real* nice.

QED is indeed nice.  It's the only convenient editor I've found (there are
probably lots I haven't looked at...) that will edit long single lines.
I have some programs that generate HP-GL (plotter) files on single lines
that I need to edit to change pen assignments or default options, etc.,
and QED lets me do it.  It is also quite fast at search and replace
multiple times, compared with others I've tried.  BTW, 'long single
lines' sometimes means 3/4 of a megabyte on a single line...  my Un*x
VI has trouble with that...

On occasion I've had QED crash on me.  It may be an interaction with
some other SW I have running, like Snap or FuncKey.  Haven't traced it
down.  In spite of that, it's still one of my favorites.