[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga mews from MOSCOW USSR

nota@cdp.UUCP (12/24/90)

Hello everybody !
Do you know that  Amiga very popular computer in USSR?
Do you know that people here using thus computer for producing
graphics animations video ads, and just for pleasure.
Do you know that if you have Fat Agnus you are lucky and you can
change you Amiga from Pal to NTSC very easy, you can turn your
Amiga to VGA video standard with any additional money spend.
Do you know that if you have XT(AT)-brigeboard you can increase
your Amiga fast memory by using XT(AT) memory which you have
installed on board. All this tips very simple to do, and if you are
interesting on it pls let me know.
Regards
Sergei.

Darin.Arrick@ijcr.fidonet.org (Darin Arrick) (12/25/90)

 Are you in Russia? I would be curious as to how well the Amiga is
doing over there? How many machines are in use? I would assume that the
Amiga 500 machines dominate number-wise.

Darin Arrick
MicroCreations
P.O. Box 820054, North Richland Hills, TX 76182
--- QuickBBS 2.66 (Reg)
 * Origin: I.J.C.R. BBS & B'nai No'ach [Ft.Worth, Texas] (1:130/49)

--
Darin Arrick - via Fidonet node 1:130/49
UUCP: ...!merch!ijcr!Darin.Arrick

Sergei's message from Moscow?  Doesn't look that way to me by examining the
header:

	From: nota@cdp.UUCP
	Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
	Subject: Amiga mews from MOSCOW USSR
	Date: 24 Dec 90 14:24:00 GMT
	Nf-ID: #N:cdp:936700019:000:630
	Nf-From: cdp.UUCP!nota    Dec 24 06:24:00 1990

and checking the UUCP map database for the originating site reveals:

	Address: nota@cdp.uucp

	We can reach this site
	Community Data Processing (CdP)
	1010 Doyle, #9, Menlo Park, CA 94025
	37 33 40 N / 122 15 55 W
	AT/386; Interactive 2.0.2 (System V Release 3.2)

The geographic co-ordinates of Moscow USSR are 55-45' N, 37-37' E

Not even close and no cigar!   :-)

UUCP messages from Moscow would be coming over the Moscow Transport and bear
the ".su" domain in the address.

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

bn@attcc.UUCP (12/26/90)

> Do you know that  Amiga very popular computer in USSR?
> Do you know that people here using thus computer for producing
                          ^^^^

Wow, I didn't know that comp.sys.amiga also reaches USSR! "Zdrastvujte!"

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (12/27/90)

It's delightful to see some news from the USSR aside from how terrible
everything is these days and how the man/woman on the street wants Gorby's
head, etc. I was wondering whether your country (which has, from all available
evidence, produced some outstanding programmers) had some machines worthy
of their attention! Keep us posted; we're interested! And Happy New Year!
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (12/27/90)

In article <40014@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>It's delightful to see some news from the USSR aside from how terrible
>everything is these days and how the man/woman on the street wants Gorby's
>head, etc. I was wondering whether your country (which has, from all available
>evidence, produced some outstanding programmers) had some machines worthy
>of their attention! Keep us posted; we're interested! And Happy New Year!

Hey man, things can't be THAT bad there.  After all, they did invent
TETRIS. :-)

>                                                --Rick Wrigley
>                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
Cheers,

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |