[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga on Today Show

liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) (12/14/90)

On Tuesday Bill Machrone from PC magazine was a guest on NBC's Today.
He showed some of the current crop of home oriented pc products.
I watched as the Tandy with CD was shown, the PS/1, some portable, and
then, unbelievably considering the source, the A500!

To the average viewer the Tandy probably seemed the most amazing but
Deborah Norvile gushed that the "Amiga was her favorite."

What possessed Machrone to bring an Amiga is beyond me.  He will
probably be hearing from his advertisers!

This kind of exposure adds a legitimacy that no ad could.

--
Jimmy Liberato   liberato@dri.com
                 ...uunet!drivax!liberato

johnhlee@piccolo.cs.cornell.edu (John H. Lee) (12/15/90)

In article <3RAVC6F@dri.com> liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) writes:

>On Tuesday Bill Machrone from PC magazine was a guest on NBC's Today.
>He showed some of the current crop of home oriented pc products.
>I watched as the Tandy with CD was shown, the PS/1, some portable, and
>then, unbelievably considering the source, the A500!
>
>To the average viewer the Tandy probably seemed the most amazing but
>Deborah Norvile gushed that the "Amiga was her favorite."
            ^^^^ typo?  Or Freudian?

I see it now!

"The Commodore Amiga.  The computer for the creative mind."
						--Deborah Norville

Take it as you will.  :-)

The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.

higgin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Paul Higginbottom - CATS) (12/17/90)

In article <3RAVC6F@dri.com> liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) writes:
$On Tuesday Bill Machrone from PC magazine was a guest on NBC's Today.
$He showed some of the current crop of home oriented pc products.
$I watched as the Tandy with CD was shown, the PS/1, some portable, and
$then, unbelievably considering the source, the A500!
$[...]
$What possessed Machrone to bring an Amiga is beyond me.  He will
$probably be hearing from his advertisers!

Our PR agency got things started, and I tied up the details with a
dealer in NY (Amagination) that very generously helped out.  I'm
kinda proud of this one... :-)

$This kind of exposure adds a legitimacy that no ad could.

As Bill spoke of $2000 for this one and $6000 for that one, it was nice
to hear "and this one is under $500" or something similar...

	Regards,
	Paul.

jonka@microsoft.UUCP (Jonathan KAGLE) (12/28/90)

In article <3RAVC6F@dri.com> liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) writes:
>To the average viewer the Tandy probably seemed the most amazing but
>Deborah Norvile gushed that the "Amiga was her favorite."

Look out Dave Haynie, she may be after your job!  :-)

       -Jonathan