[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Mice

kaufmads@clutx.clarkson.edu (Dana S. Kaufman,TEP House,58520,) (12/19/90)

Can anyone recommend a cheap mechanical mouse for the Amiga?
Wish I could get one of those $19 PC mice in Computer Shopper.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Dana S. Kaufman

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (12/19/90)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

In article <1990Dec18.215201.13165@grape.ecs.clarkson.edu>, kaufmads@clutx.clarkson.edu (Dana S. Kaufman,TEP House,58520,) writes...
>Can anyone recommend a cheap mechanical mouse for the Amiga?
>Wish I could get one of those $19 PC mice in Computer Shopper.
>Any advice would be appreciated.

Dana,

     If you are willing to spend around $55 dollars or so, I would recommend
the Jin Mouse (also marketted under the name Golden Image Mouse).  This
charming and durable mechanical rodent (what a thought...RodoTech...) is a high
resolution mouse and has microswitches under the buttons.  What a revolution in
design!  I wore out two of those CommieDork pieces of nitrogenous waste because
the cheap SDI surplus bubble switches wore out.  They made a great sound when
thrown against the wall though...these cheap replacement mice don't do that.
The Jin Mouse also comes with a nice little mouse mat that is about half the
size of the smallest mat sold in computer stores (put next to one of those
behemoth mega-mats, it looks like a grey postage stamp), and funny thing, that
is all the room you need.  I get to the screen borders long before I get to the
edge of the mat.  While we are on the subject of useful peripherals, have you
gotten a keyboard protector?  A little insurance is not a bad thing when you
consider that the bozos at CommieDork who priced THEIR mice at $80 (!) price
the keyboards at $120.
 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (12/22/90)

In article <52261@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:

>edge of the mat.  While we are on the subject of useful peripherals, have you
>gotten a keyboard protector?  A little insurance is not a bad thing when you
>consider that the bozos at CommieDork who priced THEIR mice at $80 (!) price
>the keyboards at $120.

	If anyone needs a Keyboard The Northgate Omnikey Plus is fantastic,
	and currently on sale at $69 plus shipping. Call 800-526-2446 and
	order a good reliable keyboard.

	Monty Saine

	Not affiliated with Norhtgate just a very staisfied customer.

dsherif@csws2.ic.sunysb.edu (Darin D Sheriff) (12/23/90)

In article <52261@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
> | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
> | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
> |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
> |---------------------------------------------------------------|
> | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
> |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |
>
>In article <1990Dec18.215201.13165@grape.ecs.clarkson.edu>, kaufmads@clutx.clarkson.edu (Dana S. Kaufman,TEP House,58520,) writes...
>>Can anyone recommend a cheap mechanical mouse for the Amiga?
>>Wish I could get one of those $19 PC mice in Computer Shopper.
>>Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>Dana,
>
>     If you are willing to spend around $55 dollars or so, I would recommend
>the Jin Mouse (also marketted under the name Golden Image Mouse).  This

stuff deleted

      I have this mouse.  You just cannot go wrong with it.  My regular mouse
died (my second) and I decided to try Golden Image.  I found it a bit small,
but once I got used to it, I loved it.  I now can go back to no other.
(Spoiled for life).  In other words, shell out the few extra bucks and get it.

> |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
> +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
> | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
> | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
> +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
> |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |

           Darin Sheriff.  Just a College student with an Amiga.
 "The Most dangerous thing in the world is to leap a chasm in two jumps."
                                  -unknown-
 Disclaimer:  Wasn't me.

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (12/28/90)

So how does one make the Northgate Omnikey work with the Amiga?  Is it
possible?

--
David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer