[comp.sys.amiga] Gold Disk Office

kws1x@krebs.acc.Virginia.EDU (Kenneth W. Smith Jr) (12/28/90)

	Hello, fellow Netters!
	Has anyone bought and/or used Office yet?  If so, have you
tried it on an A3000?  Do you think that it will work on an A3000?

	The reason I ask is that this program set may be my next
big software purchase (such is the life of a Lab Tech...), and I don't
want to buy another non-A3000 compatible program.

	Any help would be appreciated.
	Thanx in advance,
	K W Smith, Jr

| "But it's only a toilet lid!"                                    |
| "Oh, no, it is much more.  It is a means to summon us!"          |
| -Quotes from Clive Barker's little-known film "Lidraiser"        |

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (12/30/90)

Yes, the Office runs fine on the A3000 under both 1.3 and 2.0 versions of
AmigaDOS.

However, you may wish to contact the offices of Gold Disk to ask if CALC (the
spreadsheet module of the Office) has been fixed yet.  CALC is just a
repackaged version of Advantage, and suffered from its retarded math
calculations.

Gold Disk has recently fixed Advantage's problems, but I'm not quite sure
about the Office.  If they haven't, then CALC wouldn't even qualify as
useless.

Sean

  UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc       RealWorld: Sean Cunningham
  ARPA: !crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc@nosc.mil     Voice: (512) 992-2810
  INET: seanc@pro-party.cts.com        ____________________________________
                                    // | * All opinions  expressed herein |
  HELP KEEP THE COMPETITION UNDER \X/  |   Copyright 1990 VISION GRAPHICS |