[comp.sys.amiga] 9600 V.32 UUCP troubles continue

jason@cbmami.UUCP (Jason Goldberg) (12/28/90)

To all those following the no 9600 V.32 problems with UUCP, I don't think
that the SetCPU cache's was the answer!  After turning off both data and
inst cache (I normally have the data off anyway) I still have my transfers
fail at 9600 V.32 with UUCP1.06d.

Is 1.07 available, I heard that it is available and still has the same
problem, but I haven't seen it anywhere?  I have sent mail to Matt but
haven't gotten any response yet.

I guess the next step is for me to try UUCPPlus, to see if that clears
things up.

To my friend in Australia who can't send mail:

If UUCPPlus does clear up the problem I will be happy to USnail the
software to you, if you can send me an address.

-Jason-

Jason Goldberg				UUCP: ucsd!serene!cbmami!jason
Del Mar, CA

dac@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (12/30/90)

In article <186efa63.ARN0cf7@cbmami.UUCP>, Jason Goldberg writes:

> To all those following the no 9600 V.32 problems with UUCP, I don't think
> that the SetCPU cache's was the answer!  After turning off both data and
> inst cache (I normally have the data off anyway) I still have my transfers
> fail at 9600 V.32 with UUCP1.06d.

It really has fixed my problem, so I am at a loss to explain your
continued hassles.

> Is 1.07 available, I heard that it is available and still has the same
> problem, but I haven't seen it anywhere?  I have sent mail to Matt but
> haven't gotten any response yet.

Matt mentioned 'January'.

> To my friend in Australia who can't send mail:
>
> If UUCPPlus does clear up the problem I will be happy to USnail the
> software to you, if you can send me an address.

Thankyou for the kind offer. No doubt UUCPplus will appear
locally anyway. I will muddle by with 1.06D and ARN.

--
 _l _  _   // Andrew Clayton. Canberra, Australia.         I Post  .
(_](_l(_ \X/  ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au!prolix!dac                     . .  I am.