[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Jr-Comm 1.01

eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) (12/28/90)

Can anyone tell me why my screen will flash when I try to use VT-100?
I still get all the escape codes (read big letters and expanded letters) but
the screen will still flash!?!?!

Thanks for any help!

Eric

P.S. I did read the docs but I don't remember anything about this.

eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) writes:
>Can anyone tell me why my screen will flash when I try to use VT-100?
>I still get all the escape codes (read big letters and expanded letters) but
>the screen will still flash!?!?!

Just a guess, but one common trick is to translate the bell (Control-G) into
a visual bell by quickly inverting and reverting the screen colors.  Look
and see if you have a visual bell option set, or listen for a bell tone by
sending yourself a string of Control-G characters.

Kent, the man from xanth.

sirotto@oak.circa.ufl.edu (Mike Cerrato) (12/31/90)

>eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) writes:
>>Can anyone tell me why my screen will flash when I try to use VT-100?
>>I still get all the escape codes (read big letters and expanded letters) but
>>the screen will still flash!?!?!
>
>Just a guess, but one common trick is to translate the bell (Control-G) into
>a visual bell by quickly inverting and reverting the screen colors.  Look
> [...]

There is a visual bell option.  Look in the General Parameters window.  If you
select audible bell, the visual bell is switched off.
           ___  __
|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida

Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet