[comp.sys.amiga] Upload of WenWeMakLuv on...ucsd.edu

Viet.Ho@samba.acs.unc.edu (Viet Ho) (12/27/90)

I'm putting up "When We Make Love" by Berlin
tonight so it should be in ucsd.edu (128.54.16.1)
in /pub/amiga by 9:00 AM PST.

It's an 8SVX IFF RAW sample, 7.5MB long (~4 minutes)
in ))STEREO(( sampled at 13K/sec per channel
from the CD on an 8MB GVP68030 Amiga with
Perfect Sound... FYI

Again, use "sound" to play off your HD, and
I've put it (sound.lzh) there for your convenience.

Impress your friends, and enjoy....

-Viet

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (12/28/90)

AIGH! This is SOOOO upsetting! My account is limited to 5 Megs so I
can't DL one of these samples and I can't uncompress the one I CAN dl!
Aigh! Oh well...

				-Moriland

        "All usual disclaimers apply..."     | Founder Of: Evil Young
  //                                         | Mutants For A Better Tommorow.
\X/ "Only Amiga Makes It Possible."          | hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu

test@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (12/28/90)

     OK...  I had the room to DL the file, AND uncompress it.
     Now I have to move it from a PC to my Amy.
     What backup formats are out there, so I can put this puppy on 12 (good
grief!) diskettes on a PClone at work, and then reconstruct the original file
(I'm using MSH) at home?!!
     ANY help on this would be appreciated!

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (12/29/90)

Viet.Ho@samba.acs.unc.edu (Viet Ho) writes:

|I'm putting up "When We Make Love" by Berlin
|tonight so it should be in ucsd.edu (128.54.16.1)
|in /pub/amiga by 9:00 AM PST.

Duh, is the CD freely redistributable?

If not, Viet Ho has just advertised worldwide a clear copyright
violation, and invited others to participate in the crime.

Not that I wish to help the music industry deepen their already deep
pockets, but this stuff isn't good for Usenet.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey <sean@s.ms.uky.edu>

bill@toto.info.com (Bill Cerny) (12/30/90)

In article <sean.662431310@s.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:

>If not, Viet Ho has just advertised worldwide a clear copyright
>violation, and invited others to participate in the crime.

Hear, hear!  I'd like to petition Viet Ho to remove this file from
/pub/amiga in order to head off a potential net.fiasco.
--
Bill Cerny
bill@toto.info.com   |   attmail: !denwa!bill

test@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu writes:

> OK... I had the room to DL the file, AND uncompress it. Now I have to
> move it from a PC to my Amy. What backup formats are out there, so I
> can put this puppy on 12 (good grief!) diskettes on a PClone at work,
> and then reconstruct the original file (I'm using MSH) at home?!! ANY
> help on this would be appreciated!

Good grief right back at you. WRITE a C program that take two byte
counts and two file names, opens the first file for read and the second
file for write, does a "junk=fgetc(file1)" for the first count, an
"fputc(file2,(fgetc(file1)))" for the second byte count, and then closes
both files. Take you probably 15 lines of C code.  Run it twelve times
with file2 on a clean floppy each time and the count bumped by however
many bytes you can jam on the floppy.

Put it back together on the Amiga with "type > file3 df2:file2.01",
"type >> file3 df2:file2.02" etc.  (or use join (bleah!)).

Or whatever the syntax of those calls is; I don't do code any more
since my brain shut down.

Kent, the man from xanth.

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (12/31/90)

In article <1990Dec30.162454.22064@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>test@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu writes:
>
>> OK... I had the room to DL the file, AND uncompress it. Now I have to
>> move it from a PC to my Amy. What backup formats are out there, so I
>> can put this puppy on 12 (good grief!) diskettes on a PClone at work,
>> and then reconstruct the original file (I'm using MSH) at home?!! ANY
>> help on this would be appreciated!
>
>Good grief right back at you. WRITE a C program that take two byte
>counts and two file names, opens the first file for read and the second
>file for write, does a "junk=fgetc(file1)" for the first count, an
>"fputc(file2,(fgetc(file1)))" for the second byte count, and then closes
>both files. Take you probably 15 lines of C code.  Run it twelve times
>with file2 on a clean floppy each time and the count bumped by however
>many bytes you can jam on the floppy.

     I had a similar problem, if you're using Unix just use the 'split'
command to split the file that way.  I was going to write a program, but hey,
this is Unix, there's already a command for it!  :)

>Put it back together on the Amiga with "type > file3 df2:file2.01",
>"type >> file3 df2:file2.02" etc.  (or use join (bleah!)).
>
>Or whatever the syntax of those calls is; I don't do code any more
>since my brain shut down.
>
>Kent, the man from xanth.
><xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>

                                   --George