[comp.sys.amiga] abcfd20 downtime

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (08/11/90)

Abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov, the new home of the Xanth Archives, will be
down starting Friday at 1800 Eastern time until sometime Sunday due to
a scheduled power outage in the building where it's located.  Oh well...

	...tad

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/21/90)

Host abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov will go off-line sometime December 26th for
upgrades and maintenance.  Because of the nature of the work I'm going
to do to the machine, the amiga archives may not return when the host
initially comes back on-line.  The archives should return within a week.

Have a nice holiday...
	...tad

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/26/90)

Reminder:  the anonymous ftp area of abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov will be
	   unavailable starting sometime later today, and is likely to
	   remain so for several days while I perform upgrades...

	...tad

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/30/90)

In article <TADGUY.90Dec20172214@abi2.larc.nasa.gov> tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
> Host abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov will go off-line sometime December 26th for
> upgrades and maintenance.  Because of the nature of the work I'm going
> to do to the machine, the amiga archives may not return when the host
> initially comes back on-line.  The archives should return within a week.

Well, abcfd20 will *not* return.  It's been replaced by:

	ab20.larc.nasa.gov	[128.155.23.64]

Observent readers will notice that only the name changed... :-)
(Actually, the old name will continue to work for a while since
there's a CNAME record in the DNS pointing to the new name.)

The hardware remains the same, though I did reformat some disks
(including the disk where the ftp area resides) and gained some space.
The main change on ab20 (love that new name...) is that it's now
running SunOS 4.1.1...

I'm also messing with the ftp server again, so there may be brief
periods where things may not work right.  If there's a persistent
problem, send mail...

So, have at it...
	...tad

jimb@faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) (12/31/90)

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:

>I'm also messing with the ftp server again, so there may be brief
>periods where things may not work right.  If there's a persistent
>problem, send mail...

Well, I, or maybe I should say dfilter noticed that the "dir" command
now omits the group field of the normal dir listing.  This through dfilter
for a loop.  Yes, I know about the index file at the ftp root.  It just
insn't updated often enough for me, so I use dfilter :-).

Anyways, here's a quick and dirty awk script which will make dfilter happy:

{
   if($3 != "")
      printf("%s %2s %8s %8s %8s %s %2s %5s %s\n",
             $1,$2,$3,"daemon",$4,$5,$6,$7,$8);
   else
      printf("%s\n",$0);
}

Just run the "dir" output through it, and redirect the output to some file,
then run dfilter on the output file.

BTW, I usually run dfilter on Unix boxes, but this script also works for gawk
on the Amiga.  The script will also run as a Unix shell script if made
into a one-liner like so:

#!/bin/sh
awk '{ if($3 != "") printf("%s %2s %8s %8s %8s %s %2s %5s %s\n",$1,$2,$3,
"daemon", $4,$5,$6,$7,$8); else printf("%s\n",$0); }' $1

Just make sure all the awk command is a one-liner with no CRs...

C'ya,
Jim
--
UUCP:  ...!rutgers!faatcrl!jimb              Internet:  jimb@faatcrl.UUCP