[comp.sys.amiga] ## Kickstart 2.02 ##

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (01/02/91)

>In article <16989@cbmvax.commodore.com> bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:
>
>I've heard rumors that some dealers are A) unaware of the 2.02 Kickstart
>update or B) think that it was not supposed to have shipped.  All dealers
>were sent 2.02; if they missed the mailing they can get a replacement from
>Commodore.  The rumor is untrue.
>
>2.02 is the current "customer" version of 2.00 Kickstart.  Developers
>currently have a beta version of a future Kickstart.

Is this the Kickstart version 36.207 that was released 1-2 months ago?
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) (01/02/91)

I've heard rumors that some dealers are A) unaware of the 2.02 Kickstart
update or B) think that it was not supposed to have shipped.  All dealers
were sent 2.02; if they missed the mailing they can get a replacement from
Commodore.  The rumor is untrue.

2.02 is the current "customer" version of 2.00 Kickstart.  Developers
currently have a beta version of a future Kickstart.

		Happy New Year

		Bryce Nesbitt
		Commodore-Amiga Operating Systems Development Group

TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##

As part of Commodore's ongoing commitment to our customers and quality
products, we are pleased to announce a major update to the operating system
software at the heart of your Amiga 3000 (tm) computer.  The new release,
Kickstart (tm) version 2.02, offers bug fixes and enhanced compatibility
with older software.  We encourage all Amiga 3000 owners to use the new
software.  Commodore does not charge for the update.

This week we have sent upgrade kits to all dealers in the U.S.A. who carry
the Amiga 3000 computer.  Each kit contains an "A3000 Update Disk" and
instructions for the dealer.  Owners of Kickstart 2.00 can upgrade by
bringing proof-of-purchase to their dealer.  Note: some dealers may charge
a nominal fee for copying of the disk.

Please install only from the Update disk.  The script on the disk patches
startup-sequence and adds some files.  Note that due to a bug in "fixfonts"
you must delete any empty directories in fonts: before using the update disk.

--
|\_/|  . "ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!"  "Lawyers: America's untapped export market."
{X o} .     Bryce Nesbitt, Operating Systems Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.