[comp.sys.amiga] Looong strings in C

cjf@axiom.maths.uq.oz.au (Chris Fama) (01/04/91)

In comp.sys.amiga.tech you write:

>From: DA3721A@acad.drake.edu

>Hello C programmers,
>	I am currently working on a C programm that requires several very
>long strings (~10 strings of 1000+ characters each). Is it a requirement
>that I use the malloc() function to allocate memory for these strings or
>can I get by without it?

Sure can. Although if your data/bss segment winds up >32k (64k?)
compile with some "large data" option. (may need diff libs, too -
check manual for compiler)

>		Thanks,
>		David Aschbrenner
>		DA3721A@drake.bitnet
Chris.

--
+ Chris Fama, lowly maths student.                                  +
+ cjf@axiom.maths.uq.oz.au. | chrisf@geomechanics.brisbane.csiro.au.+