[comp.sys.amiga] Commodore

joe@bryans.scc.com (07/12/89)

Did anyone read the editorial in the latest issue of INFO magazine? They
stated that Commodore has used some of its resources in developing a Super
C-64 computer named the CGS. (As in the Apple IIGS). From what I understood,
it's now past the prototyping stage. Is this true?

If it is true, is Commodore trying to stab themselves in their own backs?
Won't this new computer (CGS) kill some of the market for the Amiga? Why
don't they use those resources to develop the Amiga, and enhance it to
compete with the future computers?

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (12/28/90)

Bill Wollf writes...
What is the deal Commodore? Is the C128 now dead? Will CBM make more if I
order 5000 of them? How long will the C64 be sold? Where is my hard drive
support? Why does two out of three C1581 screws up the directory once a
month? One of my C1581 appears to be fine. Does Fred Bowen use the net?

Yah, fine, but who's going to support my PET?  And where can I buy
batteries for my Commoore calculator?  An while I'm at it, I need a
new drum for hy CBM9060 hard drive.  Why won't they make a color option
kit for my chain printer?

--
David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer

smithwik@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (R. Michael Smithwick -- FSN) (01/01/91)

In article <1044.277ED622@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) writes:
<Bill Wollf writes...
<What is the deal Commodore? Is the C128 now dead? Will CBM make more if I
<order 5000 of them? How long will the C64 be sold? Where is my hard drive
<support? Why does two out of three C1581 screws up the directory once a
<month? One of my C1581 appears to be fine. Does Fred Bowen use the net?
<
<...
<Yah, fine, but who's going to support my PET?  And where can I buy
<batteries for my Commoore calculator?  An while I'm at it, I need a
<new drum for hy CBM9060 hard drive.  Why won't they make a color option
<kit for my chain printer?
<

I'm still waiting for the '020 card for my '64. And of course, the
long awaited C64UX.

mike

                                       >> mike smithwick <<

Any opinions are my own since nobody else would ever want them.

"Colonize Cyberspace!"

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (01/05/91)

RM> <Yah, fine, but who's going to support my PET?  And where can I buy
RM> <batteries for my Commoore calculator?  An while I'm at it, I need a
RM> <new drum for hy CBM9060 hard drive.  Why won't they make a color optio
RM> <kit for my chain printer?
RM> <
RM>
RM> I'm still waiting for the '020 card for my '64. And of course, the
RM> long awaited C64UX.

Do you need that to run the 9-track Datasette?