[comp.sys.amiga] New Agnus Question.

eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) (01/05/91)

Hello All,

	I am now the proud owner of the new graphics chip "Fatter Agnus".
I have used on many things with no problems but I have a few programs that
cause Software corrupt and guru errors. I have tried to turn the chip off
through software means but I still get errors.

	My question is would a hardware switch solve these problems or
am I doomed to never run these programs again? (Just for reference: these
programs worked on the old agnus.)

	Also, some music in some demos I have now run very fast and some
go the other way and go very slow. What would cause this?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Eric

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (01/05/91)

In article <1991Jan4.194333.10203@mcs.kent.edu> eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) writes:
>Hello All,
>
>	I am now the proud owner of the new graphics chip "Fatter Agnus".
>I have used on many things with no problems but I have a few programs that
>cause Software corrupt and guru errors. I have tried to turn the chip off
>through software means but I still get errors.

I've tried the program 'Killchip', but it doesn't seem to do a damn thing...
Anyone got it working? How is it supposed to work? If I type 'avail' after
'KillChip', nothing seems to have changed.

>	My question is would a hardware switch solve these problems or
>am I doomed to never run these programs again? (Just for reference: these
>programs worked on the old agnus.)

My understanding is that a hardware switch would be fine. I have asked
around for the correct place to put it but not gotten any answer (I cut
off two traces to install the 1Meg Agnus, so it should be one of them.
The 'installation instruction' I used is gone, so I don't know which one
would be the correct one). Anyone who is sure of the right place?