[comp.sys.amiga] Copyright infringement... 2001,clarke

Michael.Witbrock@CS.CMU.EDU (01/01/91)

I don't know whether this is relevant, but Arthur Clarke owns and loves
an Amiga (or at least, said that he does in a letter to Amigaworld). I
imagine that he might be able, if willing, to influence Kubrick in the
matter of 2001 images.

michael

In <UbTs5K_00XNIA2rlE6@cs.cmu.edu>, Michael.Witbrock@CS.CMU.EDU writes:
>I don't know whether this is relevant, but Arthur Clarke owns and loves
>an Amiga (or at least, said that he does in a letter to Amigaworld).

It may not be relevant, but who cares. It's nice to hear that a man I respect
also likes the Amiga. The first I knew of his ownership of one was when Bruce
Dawson received a shareware contribution from him, for MandFXP, along with a
really nice letter praising the program. I was green with envy. :-)

-larry

--
The best way to accelerate an MsDos machine is at 32 ft/sec/sec.

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (01/03/91)

In article <UbTs5K_00XNIA2rlE6@cs.cmu.edu> Michael.Witbrock@CS.CMU.EDU writes:

>I don't know whether this is relevant, but Arthur Clarke owns and loves
>an Amiga (or at least, said that he does in a letter to Amigaworld). I
>imagine that he might be able, if willing, to influence Kubrick in the
>matter of 2001 images.
>
>michael

Except that Kubrik probably doesn't own squat.  The movie company is
sure to own all rights.  Hell, they ain't stupid, son.

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

smithwik@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (R. Michael Smithwick -- FSN) (01/06/91)

In article <UbTs5K_00XNIA2rlE6@cs.cmu.edu> Michael.Witbrock@CS.CMU.EDU writes:
>I don't know whether this is relevant, but Arthur Clarke owns and loves
>an Amiga (or at least, said that he does in a letter to Amigaworld). I
>imagine that he might be able, if willing, to influence Kubrick in the
>matter of 2001 images.
>
>michael

He also owns and loves Distant Suns, and sent me a very kind fan letter.
Considering that he was one of my childhood heros (the very first SF book
I read was a Clarke work), to receive fan mail from him was quite special.

He seems to be one of the nicest guys in the business.

mike

                                       >> mike smithwick <<

Any opinions are my own since nobody else would ever want them.

"Colonize Cyberspace!"