[comp.sys.amiga] Can AMAX II Read Mac disks?

djung@economics.adelaide.edu.au (01/04/91)

I don't know if this question has been asked before but :-

Can AMAX II read Mac disks directly?  I understand the Macs write to their
disks at variable data rates - different from everyone else - but I'm not
sure if I heard of someone telling me the Amiga drives can get around this
by changing their speed of rotation by oscilating the motor signal - or did
I just dream that?
     				-David Jung

DJUNG@ECO.UA.AU.OZ University of Adelaide.

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann, SubOp) (01/06/91)

        AMAX can not read Mac disks directly with the Amiga drives, but you
can hook up a Mac floppy drive to the back of AMAX for total readability of
Mac disks.
        If you have a SCSI card you can also have AMAX working with both Amiga
Hard drives and Mac Hard drives.
 ProLine: danb20@pro-graphics           ***************************
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!danb20  *       Dan Bachmann      *
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!danb20@nosc.mil  *  Raritan Valley College *
Internet: danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com   ***************************
  P-Link: DanB20        <-- I only read PLink once a mo. use Internet
U.S.Mail: 509 StonyBrook Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807