[comp.sys.amiga] Demos

iv@cs.odu.edu (Boyd C Fletcher Iv) (03/02/90)

Does anyone no way I could get a copy of the demos:
		juggette
                jugglerII

Thanks,
	Andrew Hobbs

	hobbs@cs.dou.edu
| Boyd C. Fletcher IV                 |  Internet     iv@cs.odu.edu         |
| "It's very difficult to be consistently funny and consistently careful."  |
|                      "Be excellent to each other"                         |

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/02/90)

In article <11597@xanth.cs.odu.edu> iv@cs.odu.edu (Boyd C Fletcher Iv) writes:
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Does anyone no way I could get a copy of the demos:
> 		juggette
>               jugglerII

``If it were a snake it would've bit you!'' -- Anon.

They are both currently on xanth.cs.odu.edu in /incoming/amiga/Eric-Schwartz/
	...tad

wdao@castor.usc.edu (Walter Dao) (07/15/90)

Contrary to popular belief, 99.99% of the demos do NOT encode their text file
to prevent editing but pass their program thru Program compressors like the
powerpackers series . This makes all the text unreadable unless uncompressed.
The only time I have seen encoded text files was in viruses (bootblock or
executable sticking types).

A simple thing to do is to find a proper decompressor program for the demo,
decompress it (powerpacker sadly doesnt cover the most recent one ...) and then
simply use favorite file editor to remove the text you find offending. (like
putting a veil on the mona lisa's face  because it is the thing to do .... ).

It is also the reason why there was a person on the net who couldnt run a
demo (cebit and coma) and ran it trhu an executable file analizer (or
something) and found out that the file was made of 2 hunks, 1 correct one and
then a long hunk of garbage... Well It is because the first hunk is the
decompressor that will take that hunk of "garbage" and decompress it into the
memory making it a proper executable.

						Walter

eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) (12/12/90)

Has anyone been successful in getting the Mental Hangover to "unzap"

Speaking of demos...

I have in the past asked if anyone would like to trade demos and have not been
able to follow up as fast as I would have liked to. But now that final are over
I have a month that I can concentrate on demos.

If you would like to trade demos then get in touch with me. If mail bounces send
it again because our system will be down three different days. I will send you
a complete list of every demo I have and maybe a small description. I would
have posted here but I did not want to waste space.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Eric Retherford

All letters will get a response.

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (12/21/90)

   Where did you GET the Mental Hangover demo?

 I've got about 5 disks of them.  Good stuff, Maynard.

       Kevin

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (01/06/91)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

 In article <1990Dec20.181931.1@happy.colorado.edu>, kskelm@happy.colorado.edu writes...

> >   Where did you GET the Mental Hangover demo?
> >
> > I've got about 5 disks of them.  Good stuff, Maynard.
> >
> >       Kevin

Where did YOU get your demos from, and is there anyway to get copies of them
from you?

 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |