[comp.sys.amiga] POWERDROME

COLE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/05/91)

>From: amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu
>Subject:Re: POWERDROME
>Date: 4 Jan 91 02:43:30 GMT

>From: fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu
>
>It would be a terrific game IF you could control the damn thing; we played
>it at the store and all of us, even the arcade jocks, gave up in disgust.
>I'd say pass on this one.

I'd say pass on this one as well.  I've had the game for a couple years now
and still can't get into a productive groove.  It's very difficult to control.

bj@cbmvax.commodore.com (Brian Jackson) (01/05/91)

In article <40684@nigel.ee.udel.edu> COLE@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>>From: amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu
>>Subject:Re: POWERDROME
>>Date: 4 Jan 91 02:43:30 GMT
>
>>From: fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu
>>
>>It would be a terrific game IF you could control the damn thing; we played
>>it at the store and all of us, even the arcade jocks, gave up in disgust.
>>I'd say pass on this one.
>
>I'd say pass on this one as well.  I've had the game for a couple years now
>and still can't get into a productive groove.  It's very difficult to control.

You guys aren't trying hard enough.  It took a while but I've managed
to set course records on several of the tracks.  The way to do it is to
spend a lot of time on the first oval and max out the 'cusion' so that
you can bounce off the walls without damage.  After a while you'll get the
feel for it. No way you'll master it at the store. Use the mouse to fly.

I admit to having triple-keyed the machine in frustration more than once
along the way, though :grin:

And yes, this belongs in csa.games.

bj

>>                                                --Rick Wrigley

 | Brian Jackson  Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga Inc.  GEnie: B.J. |
 | bj@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com    or  ...{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!bj     |
 | "Fasten your seatbelt, I want to try something."                    |

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (01/06/91)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

>>It would be a terrific game IF you could control the damn thing; we played
>>it at the store and all of us, even the arcade jocks, gave up in disgust.
>>I'd say pass on this one.
>
>I'd say pass on this one as well.  I've had the game for a couple years now
>and still can't get into a productive groove.  It's very difficult to control.

My boggest problem with this one has been that if I concentrate enough to get
around the courses without dusting off the walls, then I fall behind.  I have
gotten to the point where I can fly around Antartica with no problems, so maybe
I can start winning races.  Try flying around on Centering 1 for most of the
track and then go to Centering 2 or 3 for the curves.  Remember to downrate the
Centering though as the higher the Centering the slower your overall speed.
 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |