[comp.sys.amiga] ST-225 Seagate and a 2090

gjc@lsw.UUCP (Greg) (01/06/91)

Does anyone know if a Seagate ST-225 drive can be used on an
Amiga w/ a A2090 controller card??

Greg (The Borgster)

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (01/06/91)

In article <175@lsw.UUCP> gjc@lsw.UUCP (Greg) writes:
>Does anyone know if a Seagate ST-225 drive can be used on an
>Amiga w/ a A2090 controller card??

I'd say yes, as thats what I'm using right now. One of these deals
I'll get SCSI and upgrade to an autobooting HD controller. ;-)

				-Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

kaye@FSCORE.dec.com (Mark Kaye - Where's my Kama Sutra pop-up book for Zero-G) (01/07/91)

In article <175@lsw.UUCP>, gjc@lsw.UUCP (Greg) writes...
>Does anyone know if a Seagate ST-225 drive can be used on an
>Amiga w/ a A2090 controller card??
>
>Greg (The Borgster)
I have a ST-225 connected to a 2090A, so there shouldn't be any problem with
a 2090. The last cylinder was bad so i had to lie to PREP and say there were
only 614 cylinders instead of 615.

Mark Kaye		|		|				|
Box 72, Munster Hamlet	| 613-838-3580  | kaye@fscore.dec.com		|
Ontario, Canada K0A 3P0	|		| DEC fscore::kaye or kaye @kao	|

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (01/07/91)

Yes, you can use a Seagate ST-225 on an A2090 (non autoboot) controller.
My friend has this combination on his 2000.  Be aware, however, that he's
having trouble getting the A2090 to talk nicely to his Supra 2 meg RAM
expansion card.
                                                  J. Petersen