[comp.sys.amiga] Dynamic Hi-Res, and 2.0

vervalin@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Paul Vervalin) (12/19/90)

Hello netters-

I have a couple of questions.  When I bought my A3000/25 the hard disk had
3 partitions.  One for 2.0, one for 1.3, and one for work.  The problem is
when I boot from 2.0 I can't access the 1.3 partition, and when I boot from
1.3 I can't access the 2.0 partition.  Is there any way to mount them after
booting up?

The other question concerns the NewTek DemoReel 3 (the one that has the
Dynamic Hi-Res picture in it).  Why does the picture come up garbled?  Can the
3000 display Dynamic Hi-Res pictures?

Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated, E-Mail preferred but I also
keep up on this group so a post will be OK too.  Thanks...

vervalin@austin.lockheed.com

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (12/22/90)

This is very curious because I'm also having trouble displaying Dynamic HiRes
on my A3000-25/50...

Not only that, but I can't display ARZ0 and ARZ1 images with TAD (ASDG's form
of Dynamic HiRes).  I know that these types of displays are *very* limited,
but I've been doing some 24bit 3D renderings with JMan, and I'd like to be
able to preview the high-res ones in color until my DCTV arrives.

Anyone know what the problema is?

Sean

  UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc       RealWorld: Sean Cunningham
  ARPA: !crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc@nosc.mil     Voice: (512) 992-2810
  INET: seanc@pro-party.cts.com        ____________________________________
                                    // | * All opinions  expressed herein |
  HELP KEEP THE COMPETITION UNDER \X/  |   Copyright 1990 VISION GRAPHICS |

In article <6456@crash.cts.com> seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) writes:

>This is very curious because I'm also having trouble displaying Dynamic HiRes
>on my A3000-25/50...

>Not only that, but I can't display ARZ0 and ARZ1 images with TAD (ASDG's form
>of Dynamic HiRes).  I know that these types of displays are *very* limited,
>but I've been doing some 24bit 3D renderings with JMan, and I'd like to be
>able to preview the high-res ones in color until my DCTV arrives.

>Anyone know what the problema is?

Most of these "bang the color table every scan line" type programs are CPU
speed dependent, and possibly Chip RAM speed dependent as well.  The A3000 is
one of the faster Amiga systems around, and has the fastest Chip RAM on any
Amiga.  It's very likely that the display programs that are giving you touble
never considered this.

>Sean
	"Don't worry, 'bout a thing. 'Cause every little thing,
	 gonna be alright"		-Bob Marley

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (01/06/91)

In article <17079@cbmvax.commodore.com> daveh@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dave Haynie) writes:
>In article <6456@crash.cts.com> seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) writes:
>
>>This is very curious because I'm also having trouble displaying Dynamic HiRes
>>on my A3000-25/50...
>
>>Not only that, but I can't display ARZ0 and ARZ1 images with TAD (ASDG's form
>>of Dynamic HiRes).  I know that these types of displays are *very* limited,
>>but I've been doing some 24bit 3D renderings with JMan, and I'd like to be
>>able to preview the high-res ones in color until my DCTV arrives.

TAD and ADPro should display ARES/DYNAMIC stuff on a 2500/30 perfectly well.
In fact, depending on which Kickstart you have, they should work perfectly
well on an A3000 as well.

In earlier versions of 2.0, ARES didn't display properly. Suddenly around
36.202 or so, ARES started working again - no changes in our code.

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (01/07/91)

>In article <1674@madnix.UUCP> perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) writes:
>In earlier versions of 2.0, ARES didn't display properly. Suddenly around
>36.202 or so, ARES started working again - no changes in our code.

You are right, I made the same experience with my Amiga 3000 and
A2500/30. But something strange happened to my at the AmiExpo in
Cologne last november.

My A3000 was used at Compustore to show TAD.  For this reason a
NEC 5 monitor was connected to my A3000.  ARES, ARZ0 and ARZ1
didn't work with this monitor (this is no sync problem!).
Strange...  back at home everything worked fine again (NEC MSII and
20inch Siemens VGA monitor)

anybody out there with the same experience??? Does NEC really
makes problems???

>Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc.

-----
Wolf Faust    UUCP:cbmvax.commodore.com!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
Tel: (+49)69 5486556         FIDO: 2:243/43.5