[comp.sys.amiga] LJP: Laserjet Print Util comments&?

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/04/91)

I recently downloaded a nice printer utility from a local BBS.  It
works with LaserJets and compatibles, letting you set type face and
size, downloading softfonts to the printer (I know lots of folk have
wondered how to do that, and here's a freeware program to do it!), and
letting you print files in the selected font, portrait or landscape,
and even two pages per sheet (useful with small fonts if your eyesight
is good ;-).  It allows headers with/without page numbers, path/file
name, and date/time.  It prints very fast over my parallel port; I
imagine it would be limited over serial.  As I said, it's a nice program.
However...I have a question for the author about a possible bug, and he
lists ONLY a compuserve ID for email.  Soooo...Does anyone have another
EMAIL address, or even a US Mail address or phone number for Khalid
Aldoseri?  Or would someone out there volunteer to forward some email
for me to a compuserve user? Khalid says he's available through the
AmigaTech Forum on Compuserve also.

If there's interest in the program, the docs allow distribution for
non-commercial use.  Please contact me for more info.

Tom Bruhns
tomb%hplsla@hplabs.hp.com

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/05/91)

Many thanks to all who enlightened me on how to email to compuserve
(to reach the author of LJP).

Cheers,
Tom Bruhns
tomb%hplsla@hplabs.hp.com

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (01/08/91)

In article <5160111@hplsla.HP.COM>, tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) writes:
> I recently downloaded a nice printer utility from a local BBS.  It
> works with LaserJets and compatibles, letting you set type face and
> size, downloading softfonts to the printer (I know lots of folk have
> wondered how to do that, and here's a freeware program to do it!), and
> letting you print files in the selected font, portrait or landscape,
> and even two pages per sheet (useful with small fonts if your eyesight
> is good ;-).

Sounds nice.  I'll have to harrass Khalid for it.  8-)

> However...I have a question for the author about a possible bug, and he
> lists ONLY a compuserve ID for email.  Soooo...Does anyone have another
> EMAIL address, or even a US Mail address or phone number for Khalid
> Aldoseri?

Khalid has a _bug_ in one of his programs?  Holy moley!  8-)

>            Or would someone out there volunteer to forward some email
> for me to a compuserve user? Khalid says he's available through the
> AmigaTech Forum on Compuserve also.

I'll be happy to forward to Khalid.  I get on CIS just about every night.
However, you, yourself can EMail to Khalid via Usenet!  In fact, you can
do it to anyone on CIS.  Their address is the PPN (CIS user number) and
you substitute a period for the comma, and send it to

    xxxxx.xxxx@compuserve.COM

and it'll get there.  For example, my PPN is 75006,1355 on CompuServe.  To
EMail stuff to me on CIS, you'd send the mail to 75006.1355@compuserve.COM
(look at my .signature below to see the gory details).

Simple, no?

> Tom Bruhns
> tomb%hplsla@hplabs.hp.com
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"