[comp.sys.amiga] A-Max II+

mgrifith@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Matthew John Grffith) (01/05/91)

Anyone heard if ReadySoft will ever release Amax II+?  Any information would be
welcomed.

\  Matt Griffith  -  DJ, Writer, Student, Amiga User, Musician   /
/  "Will you be trying our special, Dead Bird with Feathers?"    \

gallo@dtrc.dt.navy.mil (Gallo) (01/08/91)

In article <3797@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> mgrifith@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Matthew John Grffith) writes:
>Anyone heard if ReadySoft will ever release Amax II+?  Any information would be
>welcomed.

>\  Matt Griffith  -  DJ, Writer, Student, Amiga User, Musician   /
>/  "Will you be trying our special, Dead Bird with Feathers?"    \

I spoke with ReadySoft tech support about my_difficulties in printing
to a  PostScript printer with AMAX II  and the indication was that
the plus product would be out this spring. He wouldn't quote an
upgrade price  but did say the *board* goes inside a 2000 and
supports Appletalk. This will be a welcome addition to the
AMAX_product, believe-you-me!!

Chip Gallo

mykes@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Schwartz) (01/08/91)

I called my local Amiga dealer today to ask just this question.  He told me
that Apple is no longer selling Mac ROMs.  This means that it would be futile
to procede with development of Amax or Amax II+.  Actually, if ROMs are going
to be available, then Commodore could do real well by selling a version of
the Amiga 500 with similar hardware to the Amax II+ system (minus ROMs,
of course).  Not only could CBM sell a cheaper machine than the Mac
Classic, but it would be much more powerful.  It would sell tons!