[comp.sys.amiga] Kermit Bye in latest VLT kicks me off of Unix machine.

raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan10.045229.6584@ariel.unm.edu> erikj@hydra.cirt.unm.edu (Erik Johannes STUDENT) writes:

>I just got the latest version of VLT (4.846) off of Fish disk 410.
>I am running VLTjr and using the XPRKermit (ver 1.5) off of Fish Disk 330.
>
>I am using a Sun 3/60.  I log onto it from either a bridge box (CDCN) or
>from another unix machine.
>
>When I issue the kermit bye I am thrown off of the Sun.
>I end up either back at the CDCN prompt or at the unix machine I logged
>into Sun from.  I don't think this is a Sun specific problem, more a Unix
>problem.
>
>I did not have this trouble with the older version of VLT I was using
>(4.226).
>
>Obviously this is undesirable behaviour.  I would greatly appreciate it if
>someone could point out to me the source of my problem.
>
>			Thanks,
>				Erik Johannes
>				erikj@unmvax.cs.unm.edu

This is what the BYE command in KERMIT is supposed to do, only it wasn't
implemented corectly in previous versions. As it was pointed out here
previousl, if you select "external Options" in the same menu you will
find a sub-menu containing the XPRKERMIT option "FINISH". This command
will terminate the server on the other end w/o logging you out. Enjoy!
.