[comp.sys.amiga] What documents the 3000?

kurt@tc.fluke.COM (Kurt Guntheroth) (01/11/91)

I have a wonderful new A3000 and Manx 5.0.  I have 1.3 ROM Kernel Manuals.
Now all I need to know is what has changed about the libraries and intuition.
I don't think there is a 2.0 edition of the RKM.  Is there anything in
print?  Is it buried deep in the (now extensive) manual and I just havn't
looked diligently?  Do I have to buy the autodocs (and is this a good idea
anyway?)

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan10.163327.3954@tc.fluke.COM> kurt@tc.fluke.COM (Kurt Guntheroth) writes:
>I have a wonderful new A3000 and Manx 5.0.  I have 1.3 ROM Kernel Manuals.
>Now all I need to know is what has changed about the libraries and intuition.
>I don't think there is a 2.0 edition of the RKM.  Is there anything in
>print?  Is it buried deep in the (now extensive) manual and I just havn't
>looked diligently?  Do I have to buy the autodocs (and is this a good idea
>anyway?)

All of the information in the old RKMs should still be correct.  If you
program by the rules, your programs will be compatible with both 1.3 and 2.0.
To access the new features of 2.0, you will need documentation.  The 2.0 RKMs
are not yet out, and (for the moment) the autodocs are available only to
developers.  If you are serious about programming, consider becomming a
developer by writing:

	CATS Developer Info
	1200 Wilson Drive
	West Chester, PA  19380

They can send you a developer application and then you can order a copy of
the 2.0 Native Developer Update.  Or you can wait until the information is
ready for release to the general public and order it then (as a non-developer,
you can still order technical information from CATS.)  Dates and prices for
the release of the 2.0 Native Developer Update are not available at this time.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky