Club : AMIGA ZONE       Sec: 2
Date :  1/05/91  1:08   Num: 70,964
Theme: C=NEWS
To   : ALL              By : MAGELLAN
Title: NEW GM
-----

--------------------------
NEW YORK, (JAN. 4) PR NEWSWIRE - Commodore International Limited (NYSE: CBU)
announced today the appointment of James Dionne as general manager of its
U.S. sales company, succeeding Harold Copperman, who has been appointed vice
president of Commodore International Limited, with new responsibilities
including Amiga multimedia strategies.
   Dionne has been with Commodore eleven years, most recently as general
manager of Commodore's Canadian sales subsidiary.  Copperman joined
Commodore in 1989.
   Commodore also announced a reduction was being made in the manpower of
U.S. operations, primarily in the areas of administrative and factory
overhead.  This action is partly due to the reorganization of certain
functions and is expected to result in improved operating efficiency.
   Commodore International Limited, through its operating subsidiaries
around the world, manufactures and markets personal computers to customers
in the consumer, education, professional and government market sectors.  The
company has three product lines:  Amiga multimedia computers, PC compatibles
and C64 computers.
    CONTACT:  Ronald B. Alexander, vice president and chief financial
officer of Commodore International Limited, 215-431-9100

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) (01/06/91)

     So, do the Canadian developers out there want to prepare us for
what Mr. Dionne is (in)capable of.

 (half) a :-) ... all I have heard are horror stories. :-(

--
 adam hill
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu                        Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!

In article <1991Jan8.214036.14398@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pab@po.CWRU.Edu (Pete Babic) writes:

>Is Copperman's switch a demotion or promotion? I was under the impression
>that Mr. Copperman took a position of Vice President for Commodore
>International which would give him more influence over the entire Commodore
>operation wouldn't it? It would seem to me that its a nice promotion for
>Mr. Copperman and shouldn't cause the return of gloom and doom some people
>have been saying.

	Harry Copperman has always been a Vice President at
Commodore International Limited. His responsibilities have
changed. He is now in charge of "marketing strategies".
>--
>                                           ///
>Pete Babic  -  pab@po.cwru.edu    |       ///  /\
>Integrated Library Systems        | \\\  ///  /--\MIGA
>Case Western Reserve University   |  \\\/// The future is here now!

	-- Ethan

	"Don't forget the importance of the family. It begins
with the family. We're not going to redefine the family.
Everybody knows the definition of the family. ... A child. ... A
mother. ... A father. There are other arrangements of the family,
but that is a family and family values."

	-- Dan Quayle, of course. Our beloved Vice President.
	It's just too easy!

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) (01/11/91)

G'day,

I'm not yet receiving the new Amiga newsgroups but I have a question. Would
this thread be best moved to comp.sys.amiga.advocacy or to the .misc group?

                                    . . .

ES> Ethan Solomita (es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu ) writes:
PB> Pete Babic (pab@po.CWRU.Edu ) writes:

PB> Is Copperman's switch a demotion or promotion? I was under the impression
PB> that Mr. Copperman took a position of Vice President for Commodore
PB> International which would give him more influence over the entire Commodore
PB> operation wouldn't it? It would seem to me that its a nice promotion for
PB> Mr. Copperman and shouldn't cause the return of gloom and doom some people
PB> have been saying.

I think Mr Copperman and the results of his tenure in his previous post are
part of what has revitalised Amigan spirits in the last year. I do not wish
Mr Dionne (sp?) any ill but I must say Mr Copperman's record for improving
CBM US is quite good (IMHO) and his steps may be hard to follow up.

ES> 	Harry Copperman has always been a Vice President at
ES> Commodore International Limited. His responsibilities have
ES> changed. He is now in charge of "marketing strategies".

I think this still begs the question of whether this is a feather in his cap
or whether he was moved away from his earlier position in a "demoting" act..
how well did he perform compared to what his superiors wanted?

I personally think Mr Copperman (and his new team) did brilliantly and  I am
worried as to the significance of this move when I can see no "need" to have
moved him.

Apart from wondering about the strategy behind his being moved I don't agree
with others that any "blood has been spilled".

PB> Pete Babic  -  pab@po.cwru.edu    |       ///  /\
ES> Ethan

yours truly,
Lou Cavallo.