[comp.sys.amiga] DigiView on A3000?!

hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) (01/08/91)

I have some problems using my DigiView with my A3000-25-100 (36.303/36.102),
it keeps saying :  No video-signal present!  I have a little clue,
I've bought a gender-change for quite some time ago (because I originally
bought it for an A1000).  The Gender-Change is not from NewTek, but I've
heard some rumors saying that the gc from NewTek is the only one which
works?  Anybody with the same problems (I must add I've never before
had these problems neither on my A1000 or A2000!!!!!).

Best Regards,

InfoCoast          /\_  Henrik Brinch \ cbmehq!cbmdeo!icoast!hbrinch
Technologies /\   /   \ Kloevervej 7   \ FidoNet 2:230/112.3
____________/  \_/     \ 2800 Lyngby    \ Tel. +45 42 87 67 23
           /               Denmark       \ "C is SILVER - But ASM is GOLD"

Sylvain@Speedy.CAM.ORG (Sylvain Tremblay) (01/12/91)

>In article <187d8424.ARN03c4@icoast.UUCP> hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) writes:
>I have some problems using my DigiView with my A3000-25-100 (36.303/36.102),
>it keeps saying :  No video-signal present!  I have a little clue,
>I've bought a gender-change for quite some time ago (because I originally
>bought it for an A1000).  The Gender-Change is not from NewTek, but I've
>heard some rumors saying that the gc from NewTek is the only one which
>works?  Anybody with the same problems (I must add I've never before
>had these problems neither on my A1000 or A2000!!!!!).

I have an A2000 and I bought NewTek's DigiView AND their gender changer.
The reason why the gender changer of NewTek is the only one to work with
DigiView is because it is not ONLY a gc, it also change the pinout.  The
power signals have been changed from the first Amy to the others.  I am
surprised that your standard gc worked with the A2000, theoricaly it
souldn't.  Try the one from NewTek, it's your best bet.

--
Sylvain
                                                                   __