[comp.sys.amiga] Best Amiga Computer Store in Iowa

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (01/10/91)

>>Question posed about the best Amiga Store...
>
>OK, I'll bite...
>
>I think the best Amiga Store in the whole USA is:

     Well, I can't vouch for the entire USA, but I'd have to say that
Computer Solutions and Facts in Des Moines, Iowa, has pretty good service
(which is fortunate as they are the only Commodore dealers in Iowa unless
a new one has opened up that I don't know about).  I had some problems with
my Amiga 3000 at first, the only origional peice of equipment is the case!
I had the floppy drive, hard drive, and mother board replaced because of
actual or precieved hardware non-functionality.  They lost my mouse but
replaced it with a NEW mouse.  They serviced my 1950 monitor and I havn't
seen that irritating flicker yet.  All free of charge (it's still under
warrenty).  They didn't charge me a cent to upgrade (i.e.: copy) to 2.02.
Through it all they've been helpfull and courteous.  They have an A500,
2000, and 3000 on display.  The 3000 has a large laser printer.  The are
usually running videotape demos of something, Digi-View, animation packages,
etc.  They have a large selection of software on the shelves that you can
test drive in the store.

>I have personally been to many dealers in Illinois
>and Iowa --- none come close, none measure up.

     No dealership in Iowa, a state with a population of 2M people, is going
to come close to any dealership in Chicago, population ~10M people.

--

-- George L. Skank			|skank@iastate.edu
Fast cars, fast women, fast computers...|

dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com (Dave Haverkamp) (01/13/91)

In article <1991Jan10.065430.24906@news.iastate.edu> skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) writes:
>>>Question posed about the best Amiga Store...
>>
>>OK, I'll bite...
>>
>>I think the best Amiga Store in the whole USA is:
>
>     Well, I can't vouch for the entire USA, but I'd have to say that
>Computer Solutions and Facts in Des Moines, Iowa, has pretty good service
>(which is fortunate as they are the only Commodore dealers in Iowa unless
>a new one has opened up that I don't know about).  I had some problems with

   In Cedar Rapids, Iowa people who buy Amiga 500's can get them from Montgomery
Wards, Software Etc and others.  But for A2000, A3000 systems people usually
Contact the Des Moines store.  A local company "Pratt Video" used to sell
Amiga's but they were not a very good place to deal with.( They definitely
gave Commodore a bad name. I don't know if they still sell any Amiga systems.)
  Most people in Cedar Rapids purchase Amiga's
because of the large computer show the Commodore Club puts on every year.  We
try to make sure everyone knows we exist.  In fact, recently a guy I work
with was planning on purchasing a MAC system, and Video editing equipment.
After another club member showed him is Amiga and Video setup, he is now
planning to purchase an Amiga 3000.  User group support is what makes the
Amiga great!  User groups may actually help sell more Amiga's than most
Store salespersons.  A couple of the club members represent the Des Moines
store, which helps alot.  Plus the Des Moines Store always brings a Truckload
of goodies (It sure seem that way! :-) ) to our Computer Show.  Also thanks
to the Des Moines store for the many demos they arrange for us!
David A. Haverkamp                    Collins Commercial Avionics Division
                                      Rockwell International   MS 124-211
INTERNET: dah@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com   Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498